FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEgrip Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fdjizm View Drop Down

Guested - F-Bomb

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Egrip Question
    Posted: 31 May 2004 at 3:56pm
the r/t actually doesnt use extra gas, it splits the gasline beetween the cyclone, so instead of the cyclone getting the gas, ther rt is sucking off the same gas the cyclone would get, so technically it doesnt use more gas, it just splits gas with the cylone...
tippy a-5 guy View Drop Down
AKA: thetippmannguy

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2004 at 3:04pm
get the E-grip
All hale the mighty butt kicker!

Tippmann A-5, E-grip, flatline, 2x trigger, PMI 68ci/3000psi

Say hello to my squishy little .68 caliber friend.

me for gold
MagicManM19A5 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2004 at 1:19pm

I made a magnetic trigger for my A-5 out of a DOP 2-Finger Trigger, the stock grip, and some magnets from Walmart.  It cost me about $20 bucks, and, between it and the polished internals, I can out pull my friends e-grip and keep up with my other friends RT in speed.  Plus, I don't use extra gas, I don't have bolt problems with the LPK, I don't have to worry about bateries, and it was about $100 cheaper than an E-Grip/$60 cheaper than an RT.  PM or e-mail and I'll tell you how you can do it if you want me to.

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2004 at 3:22am
if you just want a fast trigger is all you need, and only used sparingly then skip both upgrades entirely. Pick up a decent 2 finger trigger and do some trigger mods to it.
pntbll74 View Drop Down
Strike 2, Spammer (E8)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2004 at 1:45am
The E-grip is the best.
My Setup:
A-5
E-grip
Flatline
J&J ceramic 12"
DOP Front Grip
XCore Expansion Chamber
TRAVELER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vulcan Logic Academy Graduate

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2004 at 12:48am

The rt is faster, but in the heat of the game trying to find the sweet spot isn't always easy. On top of that, the sweet spot can vary with tank pressure.

I bought an E-grip six months ago, and I love it. Just pull the trigger, and it goes. It is wise to carry an extra battery, I tend to get about five thousand shots out of one nine volt.

For I will wander to and fro,
I'll go where I no one do know,
fdjizm View Drop Down

Guested - F-Bomb

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2004 at 11:23pm
get the r/t u can tune it so that it will go full auto, or u can tune it so its hard to find the sweet spot and if u get it, it will be a 3 shot burst, i have mine set like that , i dont like full auto its a waste of paint, so when i pull my trigger half way i get a 3 shot burst, and i can still finger the trigger nice and fast...the rt is alot better in my opinion, on the field, u dont have to rely on a batterie, or if it dies, u have to take ur grip off ... i rather have good old reliable mechanics than electro..
aaron4881304 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2004 at 11:05pm

I think I'll have a bit of extra cash for my a5 in a couple of days and I just wanted to know, if what I've heard is true before I make my decision.  I've heard that the egrip trigger pull is like a mouse click, and that the RT is faster than the egrip.  I don't know which to get, with the price of paint the way it is I'm afrain full auto just wouldn't be very fun for me .  I just want a fast trigger that's maybe capable of short bursts when I need it.  So i just need a couple different perspectives on this one.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic