Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

n00bie’s ULTIMATE barrel Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
n00bie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n00bie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: n00bie’s ULTIMATE barrel Review
    Posted: 13 April 2004 at 11:42pm
First of all, I'd like to introduce myself. Although you guys haven't seen me much on these forums and only in the equipment gallery showing off my stuff, I finally came to relize that I should come and help, prove that I'm still loved to the tippmann family!

Okay, this is my own personal Barrel Review thread, you may disagree or have some other opinions towards the barrel, but hey it's my review!

All barrels were shot with Diablo Blaze, used from yesterdays paintball day. It's 60F here in New Jersey.

A-5 Flatline -

Looks : At first, I didn't like the looks but then it grow on to me, it's REAL nice looking on the A-5! Glossy finish, big fat black barrel.

Size: 10 inches

Performace : At 100ft (and 2-3 inches ) a board box was shot, held by a rifle stand raised 5ft in the air. It did a 4-6 inch shot spread, pretty nice for a flatline.

BTW, this next review is only done for the flatline!

Cont    Performance: At 200ft (and 5-6 inches ) a board box was shot, held by a rifle stand raised 5ft in the air. A 5-8 shot spread, flatline is great!

After 2000 paintballs, none has broken!

10 out of 10

____________________________________________________________ ______________________________

Another review:

CP barrel .685

Looks: I have it in blue, and personally I'm in love with it. THe porting is great simple yet very useful.

Size: 10, 12, 14 , 16, 18 I believe they make 18 not sure. I have a 12"

Performace : At 100ft (and 2-3 inches ) a board box was shot, held by a rifle stand raised 5ft in the air. Shot spread was 4-5 inches apart from each other, pretty decent, not bad at all for a $30 barrel.

One complaint I have is that I use .689+ and it wasn't much of paint to barrel match, but did suprisingly well!

9 out of 10

____________________________________________________________ ______________________________

Lapco Bigshot

Looks: I own both 8 and 12 inch barrel for my tippy, The 8 is small compact, and looks very dangerous, although, I wish there was some kind of emblem on the barrel that also says "Tippmann" like the 14 inch does. Bead blasted is hard to scrath, and is great for peekin out. The Aluminum version is pretty nice also, shiny but it does it job in sup air.

Size: Avaliable in 8 12 and 14

Performace : At 100ft (and 2-3 inches ) a board box was shot, held by a rifle stand raised 5ft in the air. Shot spread came in amazingly 1-4 shot spread, I have fallen in love with this barrel and plan to "abuse" it more on the field, watch out!

10 out of 10

Lapco Autospirit:

Looks: Same as the bigshot but a little smaller in bore size.

Size: I only have the 12 inch

Performace : At 100ft (and 2-3 inches ) a board box was shot, held by a rifle stand raised 5ft in the air. It did better then the bigshot believe it or not, with a 1-3 shot spread, amazing!

10 out of 10

Smart Parts Tear Drop

Looks: I believe that it is beautifully designed! The porting is also and eye catcher as well as very artistic, it comes in various colors, I only have black though, still like it!

Size: 12 and 14

Performace : At 100ft (and 2-3 inches ) a board box was shot, held by a rifle stand raised 5ft in the air. It was really quiet compared to most of the barrels I have shot, with a shot spread of 4-7 inches apart from each other.

8 out of 10

Tippmann Flatline Barrel for m98

Looks: Stock wise, it gave the m98 a real gun look, if your all about looks sure go for this one, the curve barrel design makes the newbies wonder how or why did you bend your barrel!?

Size: 14 inches, but had 12 inches before

Performace : At 100ft (and 2-3 inches ) a board box was shot, held by a rifle stand raised 5ft in the air. It did pretty well, 4-9 shot spread, pretty inconsistent.

BTW, this next review is only done for the flatline!

Cont    Performance: At 200ft (and 5-6 inches ) a board box was shot, held by a rifle stand raised 5ft in the air. A 10-14 shot spread, horrible but far.

Just a note: I broke 12 balls in the process.

6 out of 10

Smart Parts All American

Looks: It's way better then the 2k and 2k1 , and probably the 2k2, the reason for this is cause those past years they were a one peice barrel, also with a all american front. But this one you can choose any length you want, and color (only with black back) and any size. Or change to a freak front! You can even keep your front and upgrade to a freak back and insert!

Size: 10 12 14 16

Performace : At 100ft (and 2-3 inches ) a board box was shot, held by a rifle stand raised 5ft in the air.
It did pretty well with a 3-6 shot spread, pretty accurate.

9 out of 10

32 Degrees Quiet Riot

Looks: Pretty intresting, not highly engineered but it's well simple! Comes in different colors blue red black silver green, you name it!

Size: 12 or 14

Performace : At 100ft (and 2-3 inches ) a board box was shot, held by a rifle stand raised 5ft in the air. I like the quiet of this barrel, actually one of the most quietest barrels I've seen without having more then 100 holes of porting, it shot at the board box with a shot spread of 4-9 inches it did well, but for $20 it wasn't bad.

6 out of 10

Dye boomstick

Looks: Two peice barrel look-a-like. I like the silver back and black front pretty nice but price is outrageous.

Sizes: 10 12 14 16 18

Performace : At 100ft (and 2-3 inches ) a board box was shot, held by a rifle stand raised 5ft in the air. THe paint to barrel match was bad, It was really hard to blow 4 balls through the barrel. It had a 1-5 shot spread, I mean after the first 3 shots it was as near as half of an inch, then it started to jump a little.

Stiff! barrel

Looks: I personally am in love with this barrel, it's super light, has a black/gray splash type look. The price on these barrels although make me cry $100+. BTW, if you get a freak back, you CAN get a stiffi front, just something to think about.

Sizes: Too many combinations to name.

Performace : At 100ft (and 2-3 inches ) a board box was shot, held by a rifle stand raised 5ft in the air. It was amazingly accurate with a shot spread of 1-3 inches. Amazing!

JnJ Ceramic

Looks: I hate the looks of these barells they look like an old tear drop. Really ugly colors that don't match anything.

Sizes: 12" 14" 16"

Performance: At 100ft (and 2-3 inches ) a board box was shot, held by a rifle stand raised 5ft in the air. It had an OKAY shot spread with 2-6.

Addition: Trying to shoot paint through, only works 1 out of 6 balls.

____________________________________________________________ _____________________________

Thunder Pig 21"

Looks: It looks like a two peice but it's horribly long, personally I wouldn't even look into these barrels.

Sizes: 20"+?

Performance: At 100ft (and 2-3 inches ) a board box was shot, held by a rifle stand raised 5ft in the air. It did horribly bad, it would have a short spread to 4-20 inches apart some even didn't even hit target.

____________________________________________________________ ________________

Dye 2 peice Ultralight .689 back

Looks: It comes in black, two peice with removable backs, it looks very sleek, porting through out the whole barrel from the tips to the tip of the backs.

Sizes: 10" 12" 14" 16"

Performace: At 100ft (and 2-3 inches ) a board box was shot, held by a rifle stand raised 5ft in the air. I was not shocked at the performace for that many users are very in-love with this barrel the smallest shot spread was 1-6, not bad consider it's an $80+ barrel.

_____ ____________________________________________________________ ________________

Lapco Snapshot

Looks: The beadblasted is very nice, I believe that flat black look matches with all tippmann markers out there.

Sizes: unaware of what they have out there, I had a 14"

Performace : At 100ft (and 2-3 inches ) a board box was shot, held by a rifle stand raised 5ft in the air. It did amazingly, practically out shot all barrels out there with a 0-3 shot spread, I'd reccommend to everyone.

_____ ____________________________________________________________ ________________

Dye Xcel

Looks: Cool logo at the bottom, not much shape OK porting.

Sizes: 12" 14" 16"

Performace: At 100ft (and 2-3 inches ) a board box was shot, held by a rifle stand raised 5ft in the air. For an $10 barrel, it wasn't really worth the money, some paint would break at the tip. And a 2-9 shotspread was made, if your looking for one notch over your stock barrel then this is it.

____________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________

32 Degrees Whipser

Looks: Comes in MANY colors, has alot of porting, and a nice jewel at the end near the threads.

Sizes: 12" 14"

Performance: At 100ft (and 2-3 inches ) a board box was shot, held by a rifle stand raised 5ft in the air. First of all, this barrel is QUIET. But on the other hand it wasn't all that accurate. With a 1-8 shot spread, and a couple missing the target itself.

Edited by n00bie
zoomzoom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoomzoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2004 at 11:44pm
nice wrong forum.
Terrorist- Someone who uses terror as a political weapon. Remind you of anyone.
n00bie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n00bie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2004 at 11:45pm
Something really messed up with these forums, I tried to post it in a different forum, but all my posts end up here. Mods, please do your thing.
Sumo_Monkey22 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’m too sexy for my teeth ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sumo_Monkey22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2004 at 11:45pm
Nice post!

Add this to KRL's uber sticky post.
n00bie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n00bie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 1:31am
Any special requests? I could do a barrel within a week, everweek.
JBird33 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Rico’s <KRL>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBird33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 4:12am

I would like to see you review some kits, if at all possible. I have the Evil Pipe, and I love it, but I would be curious to see what kind of findings you gather.

caution5795a-5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
No, That is NOT Christopher Lowell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caution5795a-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 5:39am
nice
For Honor View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 strike, stupid sexual slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote For Honor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 5:47am
good. but it needs moved
BladeBuster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BladeBuster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 6:28am
  i kinda dissagree on the J&J ceramic barrel. they come in diff. colors now dont they? they got black which matches my black 98c. that would work. and J&J has to be more accurate than that! its just as good as Lapco bigshot and it can clean itself so u dont have to use a dirty barrel in the mid. of the game. i think it would be a 10/10. thats just me
I BREAK WALMART BLADES!!!
i have no gun right now...
Ion setup:
Red SP Ion
Crossfire high pressure 68/4500
Dye 05 Tank Cover
Empire Reloader
Dye Sticky .45 clear
ReGuLaToR99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReGuLaToR99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 7:11am

barrel reviews are kind of hard to grade... you will get alot of people who totally disagree with one thing or another...

its a good review and i agree with it but this is a touchy subject...

The Unknown View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - F-Bomb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Unknown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 7:16am
put this in the "Uber FAQ"
Moose89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moose89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 8:02am
thanks, this post has been VERY helpful to me, I have a teardrop, now I'm going to buy an aluminum bigshot, I am an accuracy freak.
Large Unit View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not really, but it looks good as a name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Large Unit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 8:22am
great post,

See if you can get your hands on a Lapco Snapshot, I wana check that one out.
n00bie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n00bie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 9:53am
JBird, if you like, I could get a kit for my tippmann instead of my bko cause I don't think they're made for ICD threads. Meaning, Is it alright if I shoot it with my E98C? Also, what back would you like me to use?
DBPBalln8903 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Flamer (C16)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBPBalln8903 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 10:19am

At first I thought of your review as "very professional" but as I read on through it I noticed that you seemed a little biased on some of your ratings. (calling the JnJ Ceramic OKAY(with a hint of sarcasm), while it had a better shot spread than the Smart Parts All American, which you rated as "pretty accurate") Also, for a more precise rating, you may want to try using different balls of different bore size. It seemed that some barrels weren't given a fair review mainly because of the bore size(i.e. 98 flatline, JnJ, Dye Boomstick). Also, it seems that you chose not to give a 1-10 rating of the last 3 or 4 barrels.

Your review recieves a 6-10

98 Custom
Flatline
Remote
pen spring mod
soon--a revvy 12v
    --feed neck porting
nothin big
-Wear a cup. Because two is company, and three's a crowd.-
reclusivetorrid View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Look at me, I came out of my hole!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reclusivetorrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 10:23am
You guys got to be kidding!!

This needs to be stickied in EVERY forum!!!

JMHO Later
n00bie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n00bie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by DBPBalln8903 DBPBalln8903 wrote:

At first I thought of your review as "very professional" but as I read on through it I noticed that you seemed a little biased on some of your ratings. (calling the JnJ Ceramic OKAY(with a hint of sarcasm), while it had a better shot spread than the Smart Parts All American, which you rated as "pretty accurate") Also, for a more precise rating, you may want to try using different balls of different bore size. It seemed that some barrels weren't given a fair review mainly because of the bore size(i.e. 98 flatline, JnJ, Dye Boomstick). Also, it seems that you chose not to give a 1-10 rating of the last 3 or 4 barrels.

Your review recieves a 6-10

Well I'm not biased towards anything what so ever, if anybody knows anything about me I'm anti-smart parts.

IMO I think JnJ is all hype, and that shooting it clean is just a myth, it barely works, any marker can do that it's just that because the barrel is made out of ceramic they automatically think that it has some sort of magical power to shoot clean.
Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dukes of Hazzard is SOOO Last Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 12:11pm
the taso stone cold II barrel

saepe fidelis
PB Commie View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Language (D29)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PB Commie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by n00bie n00bie wrote:

Any special requests? I could do a
barrel within a week, everweek.

How about the SnapShot, Lapco's new 2-piece?
     "To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself"

-Sun Tzu "The Art of War"
n00bie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n00bie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 12:25pm
I've got three requests so far:

TASO stone cold
CP 2-peice
Snapshot ; Are these even out yet? I've seen pics but no one has ever baught one.

Well if you have another JnJ argument, I replied on a different forum with my statements and opinions.

Quote Originally posted by ARCangel128
can ya do a review of a CP two piece?? I have one comin with a gun and I wanna know how they are...

however, i disagree with your J&J review. I don't think blaze has a good paint match with the barrel, but besides the barrel's ability to clear breaks, paint size doesn't matter much with this barrel. IMO through my experience, when clean, this barrel shoots next to perfect accuracy.

You forgot to mention, though, that this barrel is like a fraction of the price of some of these other barrels. It is by FAR the best for the money IMO...35$!

I also don't really think they're that ugly, they used to be. But now they're a bit nicer. The black is actually black now, not a crappy grey. And the black one is non-reflective which I personally like for woodsball (yes people, you CAN spot a shiny barrel in the woods, lol). They also have a couple decent colors out now...But i will agree it's not the sweetest looking barrel ever.

one last thing..shooting paint through WILL work if you have a great paint:barrel match...probably 3/4 times.

Alright, I'll be sure to pick a CP today, and have it shot tommrow, and revised tommrow, I have no school, and spring break is in the process. Being 14 is so dull.

Although, I was the one who did the review as well. And these were my results, a lot of people requested that I should shoot with blaze, and to me, they passed the blow test.

In my opinion, any barrel can shoot themselves through with the acception of over done porting. Lapcos, ultralights, some 32degree barrels, and stiffis can shoot themselves through. I also think that people are misled about the ceramic type material, just because it's ceramic it'll shoot much easier through the paint.

Well, the inside is basically alluminum inside, and ceramic exterior. So basically the outside should be less "scratchable".

Yes, so, this barrel is $35, and by FAR the best for your money? Well, I don't think so. I could relate to Expansion Chambers and Regulators, here you have an expansion chamber for $25 while you have a regulator by palmer stabalizer for about $45-$80. But in the long run, palmers would be the better buy just because it will perform well and you get what you baught with your money.

JnJ in my opinion is a barrel used right after the stock barrel, I only see JnJs on Autocockers (rarely) and JnJ on a lot of tippmanns, I wonder why? Maybe, it's because of the horrendous stock barrels both provide you with, as stock. The JnJ shows improvement but they seem to close the doors on how there are many other barrels for a better cost. They get blinded by the temprorary satisfaction.

Are you critizing me by stating that you can't use mirror-like barrels in woods? Well, hope not. I never really seen a site that let you have the option of choosing your colors, after all all JnJs in my opinion are "recycled barrels"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic