Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Presidential Poll (Bush or Kerry)

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
Poll Question: Who do you want to be the next US President?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
350 [74.95%]
117 [25.05%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Barretm82 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 1368
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barretm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 9:43pm
Tae Kwon Do, do you really want a "newbie" president or someone with 4 of the toughest years of presidential experience in modern American history?
Back to Top
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Joined: 22 July 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1760
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 9:46pm

Originally posted by Barretm82 Barretm82 wrote:

Tae Kwon Do, do you really want a "newbie" president or someone with 4 of the toughest years of presidential experience in modern American history?

I'll take the newbie. 

Back to Top
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8716
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

I want you to give me some reason that the general public should be able to purchase and own "Assult Weapons". Also I would like you to define "Assult Weapon" as you see it.

I'll take that one.

How any person defines "assault weapon" is irrelevant.  The Assault Weapons Ban definition is the one that matters.  And that definition is based almost entirely on cosmetic features.  Bayonet lugs, pistol grips, flash suppressors...  cosmetics.

The reason most people should be able to buy a weapon with a pistol grip and a flash suppressor is the exact same reason they should be able to buy a weapon without - because they are exactly the same.

The Assault Weapons Ban was wrong, for the exact same reason that a law banning red cars would be wrong.

This is America - we don't arbitrarily make things illegal (or at least we try not to). 

The reason is "freedom" - until somebody can explain exactly why I should be able to buy any gun EXCEPT one with a bayonet lug and a pistol grip, I will stand against the law that prohibits it.  The AWB was a stupid law, and stupid laws need to go.

 

Back to Top
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Joined: 30 July 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6120
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 9:51pm

Originally posted by Barretm82 Barretm82 wrote:

Tae Kwon Do, do you really want a "newbie" president or someone with 4 of the toughest years of presidential experience in modern American history?

Depends on if I think the person with the 4 years has done a good job in thoes 4 years.


Back to Top
Barretm82 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 1368
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barretm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 9:54pm
To each their own Smitty, I just don't want to see Kerry learning the ropes over the next four years.

IMO a newbie president is going to make a lot of mistakes and during a war that translates into life and death.   

(For the record, A newbie anything makes a lot of mistakes, you must still remember what it was like to be a newbie paintball player, no?)
Back to Top
Barretm82 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 1368
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barretm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 9:56pm
/double post/ deleted

Edited by Barretm82
Back to Top
Barretm82 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 1368
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barretm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 9:56pm
Anyhow, I have said my piece on politics, considering I may likely play paintball with you guys someday, I don't want any extra rounds coming my way!

So, I'm out, and have a good week everyone.
Back to Top
BigGun View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 1: Flaming and general idiocy

Joined: 09 July 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 355
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 9:59pm

Originally posted by Barretm82 Barretm82 wrote:

To each their own Smitty, I just don't want to see Kerry learning the ropes over the next four years.

IMO a newbie president is going to make a lot of mistakes and during a war that translates into life and death.   

(For the record, A newbie anything makes a lot of mistakes, you must still remember what it was like to be a newbie paintball player, no?)

Very true.

A-5 w/ 12IN. Lapco Bigshot.
R/T
20oz. and 16oz. tanks.

98c with 14In. Terminator
14oz. and 9oz. tanks.
Back to Top
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Neither cool nor annoying

Joined: 25 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4488
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Badsmitty Badsmitty wrote:

Originally posted by Barretm82 Barretm82 wrote:

Tae Kwon Do, do you really want a "newbie" president or someone with 4 of the toughest years of presidential experience in modern American history?

I'll take the newbie. 



Me too and I don't really think that he has had the toughest experience in modern American history...are we forgetting WWII?

Anyway, I used to be a big Bush supporter but I really have gone the other way big time in the last couple of months. My reasons are pretty simple.

Nation Security: Bosh is weak. Ok, he invaded Afganistan and (sorta) got the terrorists out of there then he invaded the huge growing threat of Iraq on grounds of fictional WMDs and a fictional threat to us. Mean while, Bin Laden is still alive(and for all we know planning more crap we can't worry about because we are in a huge useless war), North Korea has nukes and missles to get them here(and we're letting CHINA handle it, we have helped the nation of most of the terrorists and Bin Laden(and his family) get as little flack from our "global war on terror". And now he's talking about Cuba? What the crap. If you look at things logically he is making token efforts to look like a bad ass by going after the lowest things on our list of threats. Oh and he's still buddies with Putin....but never mind that, he's just securing his nation...


Economy: He is obviously in the pocket of big business. Between all the tax cuts for rich people and people who give our jobs away this isn't really a riddle. Not to mention his nice rich Saudi friends or his buddies from Enron.


Civil Liberties: While the patriot act isn't as bad as it could be(thank god for checks and balences) I find it absolutly absurd that we should amend out constitution on the basis of this man's christian morals. 


Those policy points, a look at his "ugh" record over his term, and the fact that his religious banter really scares the crap out of me makes me really run the other way. I mean, the man insinuated that god told him to go into Iraq....King George really needs to lay off the bible thumpin...we're not all christian....


Back to Top
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Neither cool nor annoying

Joined: 25 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4488
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by BigGun BigGun wrote:

Originally posted by Barretm82 Barretm82 wrote:

To each their own Smitty, I just don't want to see Kerry learning the ropes over the next four years.

IMO a newbie president is going to make a lot of mistakes and during a war that translates into life and death.   

(For the record, A newbie anything makes a lot of mistakes, you must still remember what it was like to be a newbie paintball player, no?)

Very true.




It's not like he runs the war in that way....thats why we have military brass.....This isn't Germany 1941...

Back to Top
BigGun View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 1: Flaming and general idiocy

Joined: 09 July 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 355
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Hahahaha.

Thats great.

Well just so you know I do own firearms. A .357, a lever .30-30 and a 20 guage.

I want you to give me some reason that the general public should be able to purchase and own "Assult Weapons". Also I would like you to define "Assult Weapon" as you see it.

And you can say all you want about how Communisim is a big bad evil wolf. It is a political structure. Get over it. Also you want to know why the Vietnamese like Kerry? Becuase he came back from combat and said pretty much that we were in Vietnam for no good reason, nothing but pollitical gain. It was somthing he said 30 years ago. How come when people bring up Bush's DUI's people scream that "OH that was 30 years ago!!!". Why is that ok?

People say "that was 30 years ago" because it was, and for the same reason you just said "that was 30 years ago"  Here in america, under the democracit political structure, you can say whatever you want, unlike the communist political structure.

An Assault weapon is any weapon that has selective fire, or full time full auto. A gun that is used in assaulting a foe and looks cool doing it.

lol

 

A-5 w/ 12IN. Lapco Bigshot.
R/T
20oz. and 16oz. tanks.

98c with 14In. Terminator
14oz. and 9oz. tanks.
Back to Top
a-5dude View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 May 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a-5dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 10:20pm
dude. who the hell needs an Ak 47 to defend a burgler. 1, 2, 56 bullets, it's all the same isn't it! All that does is make the cops jobs harder. Usually the bad guys used to have assualt riffles anyway, but it was atleast alittle harder. I read this one article about how this cop went it on this drug bust and there was an AK on the bed, right next to him. Luckily, the cops got the dude before he could grab it. So ur saying that its fine to have Ak's laying around on people's beds. It just infuriates me when people think as moronically as that. I mean, seriously, c'mon!
-A-5
-double trigger
-Flatline
-14" Dye Xcell
-E-grip
-Dead on Rear Velocity adjuster
-Pure energy 68/30
all the extras!
Back to Top
BigGun View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 1: Flaming and general idiocy

Joined: 09 July 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 355
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 10:29pm

Originally posted by a-5dude a-5dude wrote:

dude. who the hell needs an Ak 47 to defend a burgler. 1, 2, 56 bullets, it's all the same isn't it! All that does is make the cops jobs harder. Usually the bad guys used to have assualt riffles anyway, but it was atleast alittle harder. I read this one article about how this cop went it on this drug bust and there was an AK on the bed, right next to him. Luckily, the cops got the dude before he could grab it. So ur saying that its fine to have Ak's laying around on people's beds. It just infuriates me when people think as moronically as that. I mean, seriously, c'mon!

We have the right to have whatever we want lying around on our beds.....It says in the constitution that we have the RIGHT to carry arms. This means that we can have them to defend ourselves from whatever walks though our doors uninvited. I'm sorry if I'm a moron for taking pride in the constitution.....Move to Canada if you don't like it, they have great gun laws there.....

EDIT: How come you only have one post at this point, and you've been here since May.....wierd.



Edited by BigGun
A-5 w/ 12IN. Lapco Bigshot.
R/T
20oz. and 16oz. tanks.

98c with 14In. Terminator
14oz. and 9oz. tanks.
Back to Top
Barretm82 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 1368
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barretm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by BigGun BigGun wrote:

We have the right to have whatever we want lying around on our beds.....It says in the constitution that we have the RIGHT to carry arms. This means that we can have them to defend ourselves from whatever walks though our doors uninvited. I'm sorry if I'm a moron for taking pride in the constitution.....Move to Canada if you don't like it, they have great gun laws there.....


EDIT: How come you only have one post at this point, and you've been here since May.....wierd.



!!!! HOLD ON THERE!!!!
I disagree with you Completely....






...Stop sending these guys to Canada! We have enough of em already. k. thx.


Otherwise, carry on...
<hehe>
/joking/


Edited by Barretm82
Back to Top
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8716
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 10:37pm
Actually, as I understand it, Canada has very liberal gun ownership laws...
Back to Top
paintballman_13 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 March 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 1790
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballman_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by a-5dude a-5dude wrote:

dude. who the hell needs an Ak 47 to defend a burgler.


Exactly
Back to Top
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8716
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 11:03pm

"Need" is the wrong question.  I don't "need" a Hummer H2 either (or a red car).  Does that mean it's ok to make them illegal?

There is no reason to make weapons with pistol grips illegal.

In my experience, many people who favor the AWB think that the law somehow involves fully automatic weapons, which it does not.  This is exasperated by the proponents of the law, who (on purpose, IMO) use words and imagery that confuse "assault weapon" with "fully automatic."

Back to Top
paintballman_13 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 March 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 1790
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballman_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 11:07pm
Whats a flamethrower classified as? (I know its not a assult weapon)
Back to Top
Multi-Colored J View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Enuff Z’Nuff

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 0
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Multi-Colored J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 11:10pm
If there's no reason in making assault weapons illegal, there's no reason in making narcotics illegal, right?

Hell, the government could make a killing if they taxed marijuana. It's pretty much the same as alchohol.

See? Flawed logic. Same situation with assault weapons.
X
Back to Top
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8716
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 11:11pm
I don't think there is a central "weapons classification system" anywhere...  you can "classify" a flamethrower any way you want.  Go nuts.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.217 seconds.