Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Safety Warning / CO2 Tanks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Tippy13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2004 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Ashran Ashran wrote:

Holy crap, that's for people taking shortcuts, that'd be sweet if they
were brass eagle tanks so they had to god out of business or something
;)

I wouldn't be talking, your the one with the spyder. lol. And Brass Eagle tanks aren't all that bad, and actually brass eagle is one of the premier co2 tank manufacturers.
Rockin' the E-bladed Outkast

*Relentless*
D-ballz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-ballz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2004 at 10:23pm
ok dont laugh  at me but.  whats a anti-siphon?
98c
Lapco Bigshot 12"
blowback vents
and soon to get-
remote
Stock
Polished internals
The Fenix View Drop Down
Guested - Death by flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Fenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2004 at 4:26pm

Originally posted by Tippy13 Tippy13 wrote:

Originally posted by Ashran Ashran wrote:

Holy crap, that's for people taking shortcuts, that'd be sweet if they
were brass eagle tanks so they had to god out of business or something
;)

I wouldn't be talking, your the one with the spyder. lol. And Brass Eagle tanks aren't all that bad, and actually brass eagle is one of the premier co2 tank manufacturers.

ahaha owned

My Life style determines my death style!
6x a year paintballer!
clownshooter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Checking your underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clownshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2004 at 9:45pm
An anti-siphon install is not potentially dangerous so long as it is done correctly. I have installed them on all my CO2 tanks including those with pin valves. Blue loctite will work fine to prevent the tank from screwing off of the valve; make sure you give it the proper cure time as listed in the instructions. The tank valve screws into the tank and seals by means of an o-ring at the top of the tank valve threads. The valve should be screwed in tightly, but do not over torque it.
As always, when in doubt take it to your local pro shop.
98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2004 at 10:27pm

well this surely changed my mind on getting na anti-syphon...and has inspired me to paint on my tank

betterpunk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote betterpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2004 at 12:23am

I live in tennessee and about an hour away from my house, some kid had installed his anti-siphon hardware wrong. when he unscrewed his tank from his gun, the end shot off and killed his mom.

El Ced View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El Ced Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2004 at 12:37am
Thanks, I just had one installed on my 20oz tank.
I will mark it now.
Great post.
Caution: Happy Fun Ball may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.

NEVER... taunt the happy fun ball!
KRIM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRIM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2004 at 2:11pm
great post man im going to do that white out thing now that i read this
paint_baller200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paint_baller200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2004 at 11:05am
ya that was pretty crazy the family of the lady that got killed was on nationla news DISing paintball.
TiPpYmAnN-98 Custom
GTA-Response Trigger
GTA-Double Trigger
GTA-Rear Cocking Kit
Twisted Blue Drop
32 Degrees Carbine Fiber Barrel
VL EVO 2
Cross Fire 48ci 3000psi
paintingpeanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintingpeanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2004 at 7:15pm
what ive been hearing around here in the tip of wv is that it was because of a company that didnt put loc-tite on in the assembley line but im not sure but anyways if you dont use loc-tite youre an idiot

Edited by paintingpeanut
Mobius1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mobius1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2004 at 11:56pm

heh a nitro bottle would be gad like a miniscuba bottle.

and when a full scuba bottle  has the valve blown off.. my god it is friggen destructive.

they showed us a video of one "fragmenting" and crap it went  a friggen long way  smashed the 2 cinder block walls oike they were made of butter.

OI OI OI!
Zippy4Tippyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippy4Tippyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2004 at 2:35pm

Originally posted by red_alert102 red_alert102 wrote:

yea good job with this post get the word out and i saw it on the news to.  I heard two people died it is very sad.

yes this is very sad. and its this type of stuff that makes the sport of paintball look bad. oh and by the way good post.

Tippy 98C
Tippy R/T
Tippy rearcocker
SmartParts 14in teardrop
32*expansion chamber
32*Star Fire bolt
JMJ 2x Trigger guard w/ D/F
empire on/off
Dye Sticky grip
12Vrevy X
ProLight mini drop
TimmayTippay View Drop Down
Strike 1 - S-O Slurs, Hates Soccer (E6)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimmayTippay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2004 at 8:18pm
what if there is no co2 in the canister and it is accidently taken off?
soccer...bluhh =D, jk
TippyManic32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippyManic32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2004 at 2:03pm

Originally posted by Kristofer Kristofer wrote:

this doesnt have to do with anti-siphon, but can the parts come apart on nitro tanks too?

yea the only thing is, a C02 tank would be like a mortar shell coming off, a nitro tank would be like a shell fired off a battleship coming apart.

TippyManic32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippyManic32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2004 at 2:06pm

Originally posted by TimmayTippay TimmayTippay wrote:

what if there is no co2 in the canister and it is accidently taken off?

well thats when you put the anti-syphon in, when the tank is enpty, nothing would happen but still be careful there could be some left. My friend thought his tank was empty because his gun stopped firing, he unscrewed it and put it abck in and shot my in the foot

ghilliesnipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghilliesnipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2004 at 11:34am
My friend let me borrow his 98 custom for a game which has a 68/4500 nitro tank on it.  It was down at 1000psi when I went to have it refilled.  I was really new to paintball then, so I unscrewed the tank, but didn't notice that it was comming off wrong.  All of a sudden, a very loud rushing air sound came from the tank after I got it off. Confused, I walked over to the fill station and the guy took one look at it, took a step back and said WHOA!.  YES THE VALVE CAN COME OFF A NITRO TANK TOO!!!!!
tippmannguy98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmannguy98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2004 at 6:17pm

Originally posted by red_alert102 red_alert102 wrote:

yea good job with this post get the word out and i saw it on the news to.  I heard two people died it is very sad.

One of the people that died was a parent at a kids birthday party.

you shoot 20bps you carry 1500 rounds of paint you got a 114ci tank and you still cant hit me shoulda had your tippmann!!
Josh112589 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh112589 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2004 at 9:07am
That is insane
capcadetspencer View Drop Down
Who cares about a title???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capcadetspencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2004 at 12:36pm
Wow that is terrible! I feel so sorry for those kids...
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift -Steve Prefontaine

ChadwickVM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChadwickVM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2004 at 3:22pm

To answer D-ballz question, an anti siphon is just a straw that goes fromt he valve of your tank (inside it from the front) pretty much to the back of it (inside).  Without anti-siphon tube anything can be let out of the front valve.  With an anti-siphon in, the tube (really just a straw) stays in the back middle of the tank. This makes it so that only gas CO2 can be pushed out of the tank, in theory. 

Another example:

If you use a remote line, all the liquid CO2 will pool at the bottom of the tank and the anti-siphon straw will be submerged in it.  This will make the tank a siphon tank and you will only get liquid out of the tank for the most part.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic