Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Consumer Products Safty Commission Warn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
paintball_1199 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintball_1199 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2004 at 12:38pm
hey i dont know how many people will make it down this far, but i just wanted to add.... that it is not mandatory for the companys making the c02 tanks to use loc tite. but rather to torque them to a designated torque. and i do know that there are some companys still today that do just that, and dont use loc tite. so for all of you that think putting that little line on your tank isnt for you because your tank is new and hasnt been opened....... THINK AGAIN.  you can never be to safe!!! so if anyone is not sure if there tanks were first put together with loc tite, check with the company that made it.  i only use pure energy tanks, and i have checked.... they do use loc tite on All of there (new) tanks.
bad dogs paint ball.. www.freewebs.com/teambaddogs
z020203 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Guested - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z020203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2004 at 12:12am
if he had a sniper this wouldnt have happened
Tippmann Mods Suck
creeping death View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeping death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2004 at 9:47pm
i was wondering, what about kevlar tanks? i know there stupidly expencive, but kevlar is really strong stuff. do you have to hydro test them, or throw them away after a few years? it would suck to spend that much and have to throw it away in 5 years.
                               -Eric
Shenanigan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shenanigan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2004 at 4:28pm
belive it or not this has happened to me once but the tank was empty (thank god) so if you dont think it can happen to you, it can.
One Eye Dead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One Eye Dead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2004 at 6:28am
My team (Team Ignorance) Has only shot off one burst disk and broken one CO2 tank one was like uber close to empty and I unscrewed it from the asa and the bronze thing stayed on and then the other one we just left outside with a camera watching it the burst disk shot off only thoughit was funny and thus is why team Ignoronce will die a horrific and young (but funny) death because we like to blow stuff up
<Death to overlarge sig, read the rules.>
phantomlord13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phantomlord13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2004 at 11:23pm
explosions ARE cool... for the most part, this is stuff i learned in high school chemistry, its not that complicateed, just be careful, and read the safety guide that im sure insurance demands they send out with the marker and bottle...
TheRaginCajun View Drop Down
Guested - Outwar, Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRaginCajun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2004 at 2:52pm
u should always check everything out befor u play to make sure its safe
Mike Barch View Drop Down
Guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Barch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 11:30pm

thats right man^

Belt #2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Drug use thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belt #2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 1:20am

Originally posted by TheRaginCajun TheRaginCajun wrote:

u should always check everything out befor u play to make sure its safe

God has spoken.

Most importantly - People suck.
hershhersh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hershhersh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by ownage ownage wrote:

Originally posted by Chicken Wang Chicken Wang wrote:

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

If theyre going to issue this big warning, why not warn about what CAUSES that problem, idiots working on their tank and not using loctite on the valve threads...
Yeah.  The other day I was reading an article in the paper and it mentioned how a kids tank flew off the gun, and hit someone in the head, killing her.  But it said it flew off while he was disasembling the gun.  Who would take their gun apart with the air on  Some people are idiots.

i heard about that too supposedly it was some kid at his birthday party...that girl that got hit in the head was his mother, he killed his mom on his birthday

i heard it was due to the fact it was a blade and the thing broke and sent the 12 gram flying. i only have heard this though
gun setup:
Tippmann A-5 32 Degrees exp. chamber Rt. 7.5 BB Inch bigshot Pmi Flame drop w/ empire asa 32 degrees macroline kit
Bunker me, I dare you.
xalnei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xalnei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 11:18pm
Yea they still do make 5000 psi tanks, they are expensive as hell though. i can imagine what would happen if my 4500 psi 91 cu inch dye tank went flying off, that might be an act of terrorism er somethin.
The Ho View Drop Down
Guested - Just leave already

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 11:50pm
i gotta tell my friends dad about this! his tank has been doing that mor about a month. WOW! that is scary.
I LIKE BIKES!
@5 M@$T@ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @5 M@$T@ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 12:11am
PHANTOMLORD STOLE MY THINGY<<< AND IDIOTS W/ ANYTHING THAT CAN KILL SOME1=NOT GOOD.
I'm going to the darkside...
Firemansam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firemansam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 3:35am
hi first time on the forum, just let you know that over in the UK all our CO2 bottles are tested every 5 years by law and all valves have to have the nail polish marks this is also the case for our comp air bottles and ALL valve threads are locktited
jared_stein123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jared_stein123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2004 at 5:06pm
m4rksmand00d01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m4rksmand00d01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2004 at 6:35pm
------
ooOOOOoOoOOoOoo
------
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic