FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hockey, eh?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hockey, eh?
    Posted: 19 February 2014 at 11:17am

So... in case you didn't know, the Ruskies fell apart and lost to the Finns. Currently it is Sweden/Finland in the one quarter final game, and the Canada/Latvia and United States/Czech Republic games start in about 45 minutes. Noon EST. 

I think Canada will steamroll Latvia and the Americans will win their game with a fair score. No blowouts or overtime. 

If that is the case, I think the quarter final will probably be the toughest game in the whole Olympics this year. Thoughts?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2014 at 11:20am
There's a winter war joke in here somewhere, I just know it....
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2014 at 1:23pm
< style="height: 0.2px; width:10px; display:block;" ="application/x-firefox-plg" id="xcbjoa"> and Canada braces for rioting...
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2014 at 2:14pm
Happy to hear Tallens team is doing poorly.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2014 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Happy to hear Tallens team is doing poorly.
It's the Olympics, Team USA is always my team during the Olympics.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2014 at 3:04pm
You don't have to lie, you're using your 1980 CCCP jersey as a tissue right now.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2014 at 4:05pm

You don't have to lie, you're using your 1980 CCCP jersey as a tissue right now.

HAH! I WISH I had one of those. Do you know how much the honest to goodness CCCP era jerseys go for?! It's nuts!
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2014 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

HAH! I WISH I had one of those. Do you know how much the honest to goodness CCCP era jerseys go for?! It's nuts!

You definitely hugged your framed photo of you and Ovechkin.
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2014 at 11:25pm
I really enjoyed the Canada Latvia game today, Gudlevskis put on a show in net, I was rooting for him in the 3rd.  21 years old and almost 60 shots.  I don't understand why he didn't have a water bottle at his net.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2014 at 12:46pm
How do you ice the puck on your power play?
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2014 at 2:14pm
I'm so disappointed.

That was a terrible effort by the Americans. I don't know how you can be down by one goal and put so little effort out on the ice.

I remember in 2010 when Zach Parise tied it up shortly before the end of regulation. Four years later, to watch one sloppy but decent period followed by 40 minutes of laziness is astounding.

Enjoy steamrolling of Lundqvist, Canada.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2014 at 1:47am

JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2014 at 6:54am
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

There's only gold in Olympcs hockey, that being said, I think USA hung Quick out to dry. They played like a team with no heart and Quick bore the brunt of a Finnish team that wanted bronze.  As for todays game, looks like Backstrom is out, sucks for sweden, he is a rock solid player.  Controversy already about the officiating for this game, two canadian ref's.  May the best team win.
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2014 at 5:25pm
Been wearin my canadian jersey from the SLC win around and feelin good.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic