FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pistol Ammo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2014 at 9:22pm
We carry winchester hollowpoints at work. I keep the same in my offduty/BUG. Though I do keep two mags and a box of FMJs in my bag, just in case. Though, if it comes to something that would make me want to switch to that, I'm probably pulling out one of the bigger toys or holding the perimeter for SRT.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2014 at 10:26pm
Hornady critical defense in .38spl for the over-penetration issue. Inside the house it's turkey loads or #4 buck. 115grn. in the .38 seems light since I've always had best luck with 158grn SWC accuracy-wise, but these things shoot well and seemed to expand well in my water-jug expansion tests.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2014 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

Hey Mods, if I didn't get specifically descriptive, would it be ok to give a general idea what the bullets did after they hit the above mentioned criminal?

Call it professional curiosity- but go ahead.

Well, this guy that had abducted his son at knifepoint (we're talking large kitchen knife) let his son go and started lunging at the officers (about 6 of them I think).  They hit him with Freeze +P and it didn't faze him.  So, they didn't know if this guy was on something if the pepper spray didn't affect him.  One officer took a shot and missed.  He then charged at my buddy with the knife.  He backed away and gave loud verbal orders to stop and drop the knife as he backpedaled.  He had his weapon drawn the entire time and found himself cornered in a manner of seconds.  He knew he had to shoot when the guy came within 15' of him and showed no sign of stopping.  At about the 10' mark he fired 3 shots.

There were two entry wounds about an inch or less apart center chest on each side of the sternum.  The autopsy showed that those rounds squirreled around inside pretty good.  Both lungs, heart, liver, kidney and bowel.  One round was just below the surface of the skin of his lower back.  Very close to exiting.  Apparantly his chest cavity filled with so much blood that it made chest compressions nearly impossible.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic