Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flatline Barrel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alpha shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alpha shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flatline Barrel
    Posted: 30 January 2014 at 2:02am
hey guys im new here. I was wondering if you can put a foregrip on a flatline barrel for a alpha black. thanks
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2014 at 9:55am
If you're asking if the stock foregrip from an Alpha Black will work on the Flatline Barrel, the answer is no, not without modification.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alpha shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2014 at 4:43pm
ok thank you. I have a grip on my alpha black right now and I'm contemplating if I should go flatline or just a longer barrel.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2014 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by alpha shooter alpha shooter wrote:

ok thank you. I have a grip on my alpha black right now and I'm contemplating if I should go flatline or just a longer barrel.

Longer barrels (longer than 14") actually decrease marker performance. The amount of air it takes to get the ball up to velocity at that point is excessive and winds up costing you in shots-per-tank and velocity consistency. The Flatline will give you more range (as will the apex) by putting backspin on the ball, but while this results in longer distance shots, it also creates greater resistance as the round flies through the air meaning that those long-shots are much more likely to bounce unless they hit a hard surface.

For accuracy, paint-to-bore match is the biggest factor. You want the ball to match up with the actual bore of the barrel as perfectly as possible. That's why most tournament players use a system which allows you to sleeve your bore with different diameter inserts.

The forum's favorite non-sleeved barrel however is usually the J&J Ceramic. in 12"-14" of length. It's quiet, accurate, and the ceramic lining means you can shoot the barrel clean should you have a break, rather than stopping and swabbing your bore.

Hope this helps!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alpha shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2014 at 11:56pm
thanks that is very helpful information. I want to go with the flat line but I don't like how it makes my alpha black look and the fact that I can't even use a foregrip. I thought about the apex barrel also which the apex might be the route ill go.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic