FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What are you driving these days?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 11:42am
I'm really into the Raptor right now, drool.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 12:16pm

Edited by evillepaintball - 17 February 2014 at 12:21pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 12:27pm
I'm still driving my CLK. 
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

The Challenger is a nice looking car and has three best backseat... But it's stupid heavy, has IRS, isn't comparable to the Shelby/ZL1 and worst of all... Made by Chrysler/Fiat

Yeah, it's certainly not comparable to the ZL1 and Shelby in terms of performance numbers but (around here anyway) the Chevy / Ford offering get crazy markups and are tough to find. Really, I tend to write off the Shelby as a collector car because of price (the last one I saw ran about 65K) and rarity. The ZL1 is the superior car in my opinion because of ride and handling, and you can get one nearly 10k cheaper than the Ford car. If I had the income for it a ZL1 would be my DD.

The SRT's run about 50-ish but you can find them gently used in the 30-40k region pretty commonly and man, that car is a highway beast. Especially considering that it's naturally aspirated. Plus it rides much better than the chevy and ford.
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 2:05pm
Mustangs do have an advantage in that they're the only 'modern muscle' that isn't pigfat. 3600-3700lbs for a 5.0, 4100ish for a Camaro, 4300ish for a Challenger. I may be around 4100, but at least I can fit five adults.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Get it quick because this is the last year it is in production. The gas mileage was a little too bad for me to consider purchasing one.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Hairball!!! Hairball!!! wrote:

Mustangs do have an advantage in that they're the only 'modern muscle' that isn't pigfat. 3600-3700lbs for a 5.0, 4100ish for a Camaro, 4300ish for a Challenger. I may be around 4100, but at least I can fit five adults.

I've never really found the weight of American sports cars to be as huge of a distraction as it's made out to be though. As long you offset weight and power with each other and design the suspension right you'll do fine through both straight line and road courses.

I think the base 5.0 came within striking distance of the M3 and the Boss actually outran it in a road course. The 1LE camaro actually outruns the Boss, so I think they've done a lot to overcome weight issues as of late.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by deadeye007 deadeye007 wrote:

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Get it quick because this is the last year it is in production. The gas mileage was a little too bad for me to consider purchasing one.

I think I'm going to. I really don't drive my POV very often at all, so MPG isn't really a huge issue for me. There's a 2012 I found this weekend that is a little bit over my price range, but a GREAT price for the particular truck. Considering calling them this week just to see if they can work with me at all.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2014 at 9:25pm

Finally uploaded a picture of my truck. I don't drive it much now, but I'll put some miles on it if I ever change assignment and lose the Fusion.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2014 at 11:28pm
I got a brand new patrol car yesterday. No agency identifying stuff on the front, so I feel comfortable posting it here. Only had ~360 miles on it when I got it. Though I'm up to about 750 already. 

The interior was fantastically done, though the steering wheel feels slick to me. I hate hate hate the weight of the push bar up front, but it's my first one with a cage, which is the nicest change for me. The new 5 or 6 speed transmission compared to the 4-speed in my last Charger is an incredible improvement, though I still want one of our V-8 interceptor models more. Also, steering wheel controls ftw.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2014 at 7:20am
Push bar looks a bit crooked there USAF. Been pitting your friends for practice?

Also, being a connoisseur of America's finest police reality series, I know what having a cage means for you. You get to chauffer all the loonies, and potentially violent ones downtown while the guys without a cage get to look good for the cameras.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2014 at 10:37pm
I think it is slightly off level, though not as pronounced as it appears in the picture.

Plus, we take turns transporting the crazies. So they and all the criminals have always ridden up front next to me, I'm glad that's no longer the case anymore.

Plus, on the news equals buying dinner for the squad, no thanks!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2014 at 1:25am
It was warm and dry this past weekend, but I was moving so I missed my opportunity to take out the summer-tire-mobile, and it's cold and snowing all week. Maybe this coming weekend.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2014 at 11:09am
When I went to northwest Ohio back in October for a job interview I got a rental Fiat 500. It was a sporty little thing. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2014 at 2:18pm
Edit

Edited by impulse418 - 20 February 2014 at 4:50pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2014 at 3:15pm
I've had quite a bit of free time at work this week and have been looking around autotrader.  My plan right now is to sell my car around May-June time frame, buy an old beater VW Golf from one of my co workers for $100 for my last couple of months here, then pick up on 04ish Tacoma when I move back for a DD.  Then then around April of next year, depending on where I move to then, get a fun project car.  I'm thinking 03ish M3, or 68ish MG.  
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2014 at 7:40pm
An M3 is one of my dream builds, I'm obsessed with them. If the maintenance / parts weren't so high I'd have bought an older one this time around.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2014 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

68ish MG.  

Have you driven an old MG? My uncle had an MGA and and MGB (I think). They were in great shape, but that MGA was still scary as hell.
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2014 at 8:40pm

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

An M3 is one of my dream builds, I'm obsessed with them. If the maintenance / parts weren't so high I'd have bought an older one this time around.

If only they hadn't blown up in the past few years I would think I had a chance of getting an E30 M3, since they got super popular I think I'll have to go with more modest dreams like an E30 325i. Someday.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2014 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Hairball!!! Hairball!!! wrote:

Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

68ish MG.  

Have you driven an old MG? My uncle had an MGA and and MGB (I think). They were in great shape, but that MGA was still scary as hell.

My dad has a '75 MG Midget in Tahitian Blue that's never seen a drop of rain in its life. 28k original miles. Gorgeous car, and fun as heck!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic