FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What are you driving these days?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 2:45pm
I'm down to my boots. :(
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 3:55pm
On a related note. Pickup trucks hold their value entirely too well and I hate it.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 4:02pm
I'm currently in the market for my first car, insurance here means ill be be getting a banger to start to build up, only got my license in September at the age of 23. Looking at picking up an older golf for a couple of grand. Can't look at gtis's until I've got some no claims years under my belt. Know enough guys with pizza shops and Chinese places that a couple of delivery shifts should cover the cost of a car. But with me moving office into the city center again I might find it hard to justify getting a car just now.

The joys of crap wages and living in a city where itsc easier to get heroin than a parking space.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 7:55pm
I have a '10 mazda 3 sedan and a '12 Nissan rogue.  Having 2 new cars that I really don't have to worry about is great.  Having 2 car payments blows.  
proteus316 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proteus316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2014 at 3:07am
96 taco 4wd
03 z71
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2014 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

I'm currently in the market for my first car, insurance here means ill be be getting a banger to start to build up, only got my license in September at the age of 23. Looking at picking up an older golf for a couple of grand. Can't look at gtis's until I've got some no claims years under my belt. Know enough guys with pizza shops and Chinese places that a couple of delivery shifts should cover the cost of a car. But with me moving office into the city center again I might find it hard to justify getting a car just now.

The joys of crap wages and living in a city where itsc easier to get heroin than a parking space.

I will now spend the rest of the day visualizing Scotchy and all of his drunk mates/clansmen cavorting around drunkenly in a 1960's era Mini.

Edited by Mack - 26 January 2014 at 1:38pm
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2014 at 12:53pm
Pic of the wrx wagon next to my 93 yota 4x4 which I said goodbye to today, went to a good home.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2014 at 9:04pm
I've posted a while back, but my latest is a Scion FR-S. Super duper fun car.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

stick_boy_2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Not 1 language strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 12:47pm
still drive an '06 jeep liberty with a 3inch suspension lift. its starting to fall apart though, I've replaced both front CV shafts this year alone and it shakes horribly at any speed.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2014 at 5:26am
Still in my '13 Malibu. Just had the 1 year ownership anniversary on the 28th last month just turning over 30K miles.

Edited by StormyKnight - 03 February 2014 at 5:32am
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2014 at 8:30am
Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

Still in my '13 Malibu. Just had the 1 year ownership anniversary on the 28th last month just turning over 30K miles.

That's what the rental company gave the wife to drive ('14 model year) I have to say I was impressed with the overall quality. The automatic transmission sucks with it's shift points, and the manual mode shifting is stupid (button on top of the stick) but otherwise, it was pretty decent.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2014 at 11:14am
I still have an '01 Grand Am that is limping along. I'd like to replace it, but still a little undecided about what I want.

I also have my Jeep.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2014 at 6:22pm
Towed this home the other day.

Yep, I'm proud of myself. Also, USAF, they do hold their value quite well.
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2014 at 6:27pm
Niiiiiice.
ryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2014 at 10:20am
2006 dodge charger SXT
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2014 at 10:32pm
Traded my beloved muskrat for a 5.0 version. I'm gonna miss my project car but this engine will make a better build.

This one has the track pack, 19" pirellis, and .355 gears. Had about 20k miles and I paid right at 20 grand. Very happy with it so far.
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2014 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Traded my beloved muskrat for a 5.0 version. I'm gonna miss my project car but this engine will make a better build.

This one has the track pack, 19" pirellis, and .355 gears. Had about 20k miles and I paid right at 20 grand. Very happy with it so far.

5.0's do work.. I'll stick with my LS though.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2014 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Hairball!!! Hairball!!! wrote:

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

5.0's do work.. I'll stick with my LS though.

Dem new fivepointohs are some serious engines. 

I have to say... I don't want to buy a new (or even almost new) car for a lot of reasons... but every time I see one in Grabber Blue I tell myself I NEED one. 
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 9:52am
The 5.0 is a really impressive power plant to me. The 4.6 mustangs are great quarter mile machines and, with forged internals, are good for 1k HP if you build them right but the 5.0 is just an entirely different machine. The 4.6 was pretty potent through the 2-4k RPM range but mid and high range torque were terrible. My 4.6 was no good on the highway.

This engine seems to build up its power through the 4-7k range so you get highway power that's pretty unparalleled in mustangs, aside from the SVT cars. The suspension is quite a bit better as well.

That said, were I given a choice of any non Shelby / ZL1 pony car out there I think I might have to go with the 392 Challenger. Those things are utterly wicked on the highway, I got dusted by one on my way from the dealership. People judge them unfairly based on quarter mile performance but on the highway I've watched them just walk off from a C6 Vette. Great engines.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 11:29am
The Challenger is a nice looking car and has three best backseat... But it's stupid heavy, has IRS, isn't comparable to the Shelby/ZL1 and worst of all... Made by Chrysler/Fiat
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic