FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What are you driving these days?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are you driving these days?
    Posted: 24 January 2014 at 1:58pm
Any new additions?
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2014 at 2:13pm
I'm in the market. Still waiting for the right deal to come along, though.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2014 at 3:23pm
I'll show you what the wife ISN'T driving for a while at least....

It's all permafrost right now. No temp above freezing in over a week. Might as well have run it into a boulder. Radiator is **edited** , good chance the oil pan is punctured and that the axles are bent as well.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2014 at 4:24pm
^^So you're not living here in VA anymore? 
I need a new Sig...
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2014 at 8:18pm
just picked up on '02 Subaru wrx wagon.
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2014 at 9:59pm
2011 Ford Fusion.  46,000 miles.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2014 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Apu Apu wrote:

^^So you're not living here in VA anymore? 

Nope, bought a house up in rural Montgomery County, MD. I hate the fact that I live in MD, but the jobs of both me and my wife are here, and there's no way we could have afforded a 2500sqft house on 3/4 of an acre down in Fairfax or Loudoun counties.
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2014 at 11:06pm
Depending on the weather/purpose, I drive either the McDonald'smobile ('99 Suburban) or the Felonsedan (G8 GT). Have had each for a while now.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2014 at 11:39pm
I replaced my 06 Taco with a 2012 F150 FX4 (Opted for 5.0 over Eco Boost).
My work car got replaced in September of last year. It is a 2013 Fusion. I miss the extra 4 cylinders and room of my old land yacht, but it will get the job done.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 1:31am
'09 Civic. It's pretty fun to drive, reliable as hell, and has decent fuel mileage. I do mostly city driving so it fits the bill perfectly.

If I ever move out of the city I'll be getting a small 4x4 or an SUV.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 1:36am
Still driving my 1993 F150 that caught on fire this summer. It's sad, I used to keep the thing pristine but I really don't care anymore. I don't have the heart to get rid of my truck though. One day I would like to get it repainted.

I did get a screaming deal on an old car though. I'm bringing it home as soon as it gets warm enough and I have a Saturday off.

Tallen, it doesn't look too bad. It's possible the oil pan is toast but I wouldn't count on it. Also, it's highly unlikely the axles are bent unless the rocks directly hit one of them, in which case it would have taken out a control arms and such first. I wouldn't be surprised if its just a radiator and bumper.

I will say though, I really, really, really hope she didn't hit the trans. It's unlikely, but still possible. While aluminum isn't awfully brittle I saw several cracked fwd transmission cases at my shop this summer.
Kingtiger View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Now with 100% more Fail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingtiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 4:35am
Still in my '93 Integra. Though, I'm looking to sell it and get a WRX wagon.
Steam: Kingtiger125
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 4:56am
Still driving my '10 mustang for now.

Ditched my turbo kit and am now putting up for a Vortech supercharger. Otherwise, right now I've got Eibach springs, hurst shifter, Bama tune, 373 swap, CAI, and Flowmaster AT exhaust.

Hoping to hit the 450 RWHP mark in the next few months.
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 8:54am
before I bought my wrx wagon, I test drove a JDM RHD subaru, it had the ej20r twin turbo motor, 275 hp with factory Bilstein struts.  I asked the guy how it was trying to pass someone on the highway, he said he knows it's not safe when his wife starts freaking out.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 10:07am
Still got the 05 tC. Girlfriend semi recently purchased a 2014 mazda 3 hatchback. I like it. The interior is well done and it looks pretty good on the outside. The red paint job looks great with the pearlescent flakes in it.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 11:19am
My saga with vehicles the last few years has been hilariously sad, but 'tis a fun story, so here goes.

I broke the fuel pump on my '02 chevy blazer and couldn't afford to get it fixed. While I was scrounging to fix it, I was driving my wife's ancient corolla. Someone took the door off of that for me in a parking lot, and I drove a company car until I crashed it.
Then I got laid off (unrelated to the crashing) and borrowed a ford taurus from my father, which had been my wife's, she gave it to her brother, who sold it to my father, who loaned it to me.

I dumped that in a ditch last january and ruined the front end, and we bought a '02 Subaru Forester....which was perfect in every way for about.....4 months until a tree fell on me while I was driving it at about 50 miles an hour. Windshield was shattered, the hood and front fenders were crumpled, and ALL of the light housings were destroyed.
We replaced the windshield, but since there was no major damage, the body is still wrinkled...that's what I'm driving right now.

*Side note- I started writing this, then took a break to respond to an ambulance call. We got cancelled, and on my way home, I lost a tire. So I had to deal with a flat....in a snowstorm.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Tallen, it doesn't look too bad. It's possible the oil pan is toast but I wouldn't count on it. Also, it's highly unlikely the axles are bent unless the rocks directly hit one of them, in which case it would have taken out a control arms and such first. I wouldn't be surprised if its just a radiator and bumper.

I will say though, I really, really, really hope she didn't hit the trans. It's unlikely, but still possible. While aluminum isn't awfully brittle I saw several cracked fwd transmission cases at my shop this summer.

We won't really know until Monday at the earliest. We had to get to work and so we didn't stick around for the tow truck to arrive. The trail of plastic and metal left in her wake as she high-centered the the thing with her undercarriage resting firmly on a plowed ridge and her wheels sunk into the furrows of the corn field was pretty dramatic.

I tried to get her to buy a Subie back when she was looking at cars, but she had trouble with the clutch (subies are tougher manuals to drive than others with the AWD) and didn't want to get an auto, even though they all have CVTs with 6 speed manual mode now.

I think, when the time comes, she's probably going to go with a CrossTrek or a Forester next time.

This is what I currently drive:

Edited by tallen702 - 25 January 2014 at 12:39pm
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 1:08pm
Just picked this up a bit over a month ago, '13 GTI with DSG transmission:

Still driving this on the most wintry days, which has been about 90% of the time:

The Impreza will hopefully be sold off once winter has passed.  I'll either be picking up some snow wheels & tires for the GTI before next winter comes, or a cheap snow beater.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 1:10pm
We just traded momma's 10 KIA Soul for a 14 Ford Escape, and in the deal we also traded my 12 Nissan Frontier as well (a $600 a month sit in driveway do much of nothing vehicle) for a 01 Ford Ranger 4X4 extended cab. Momma is happier and I have a vehicle to get bikes here and there, and putter around town for less than $600 a month now for both.

I got my leftover 'new' 12 Honda XR650L for me, and momma is learning on my 12 Honda CRF250L. The 13 YZ250F is getting prepped for this year, and the Vintage 78 YZ400E is also getting a makeover for this years racing.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 1:49pm
I <3 GTI's. Still VW's coolest car.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic