Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cold Blooded Paintball Masks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Irish Hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cold Blooded Paintball Masks
    Posted: 19 January 2014 at 3:30pm
Did not see a section for masks. I found this site, and did not see any negative reviews, other than for the cheaper masks. I plan on getting the Carbon Fiber upgrade, with the polycarbonate lens.

here is a link, tell me what you guys think. If any of you have had experience using CBA masks, let me know. I have a great mask right now, but this one is just cool. 

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2014 at 3:47pm
With the caveat that I've been out of the scene for a while, I'd be pretty damned hesitant to be buying a paintball mask from some guy in Thailand  I've never heard of. The lenses in your mask have pretty stringent safety standard they have to meet. I imagine that those are not enforced in some guys Thai basement.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2014 at 4:06pm
I thought that too. If the lenses are polycarbonate as advetrtised, then they would be more impact resistant than standard masks, as poly is used in ballistic eyewear and can withstand an impact up to 600fps.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2014 at 10:10pm
I would be willing to bet that you would be disappointed in the field of view with those at the price you would be paying. Even if I had the money to spend, I wouldn't spend it on that. I'd put my money to more useful things or paint.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2014 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Irish Hammer Irish Hammer wrote:

I thought that too. If the lenses are polycarbonate as advetrtised, then they would be more impact resistant than standard masks, as poly is used in ballistic eyewear and can withstand an impact up to 600fps.

Standard mask lenses ARE polycarbonate. What's more, they're required to meet ASTM standards for impact resistance. So, no, they would not be more impact resistant than standard masks.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2014 at 12:59am
What flavour lead based paint do they come in?  They look nice, a little scary for me.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2014 at 8:46am
Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck JohnnyCanuck wrote:

What flavour lead based paint do they come in?  They look nice, a little scary for me.

LOL!!! maybe radioactive...
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2014 at 9:54am
i appreciate all the feedback everybody. I have a JT Flex, which has been really good to me. I might buy one of the CBP just to post a review
WolfG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WolfG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2014 at 12:44pm
You'd certainly strike fear into the hearts of your opponents with those things on.. 
See you on the field!
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2014 at 12:16pm
From the pics, those just scream insufficient venting/fogging problems.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic