FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Xbox One thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2014 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

In my normal behind-the-times way I just got Skyrim for the 360. It was a reward to myself for passing my qualifying exams. 

After the first hour of not knowing what in the hell I was doing and getting trampled to death by mammoths I think I finally have the hang of it. It's wicked addicting. 

Really? Thought the first hour would have been taken up with all the updates that were required.

Fun game. Need to start playing it again.

The XBox isn't hooked up to the Internet, I can just say no to the updates. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2014 at 11:56am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

The XBox isn't hooked up to the Internet, I can just say no to the updates. 

Ahh, okay, enjoy the utterly broken and incomplete quest borking up your queue then.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2014 at 12:21pm
The PX here isn't even putting PS4s on the shelves; they are selling out too quick.  On the other hand, there have been 10 XB1s sitting on the shelf for a week now.  
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2014 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

The PX here isn't even putting PS4s on the shelves; they are selling out too quick.  On the other hand, there have been 10 XB1s sitting on the shelf for a week now.  

Yeah, I'll just wait for the price break myself. I want to see who wins out with my friends.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2014 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Yeah, I'll just wait for the price break myself. I want to see who wins out with my friends.

I already said I got a PS4. Dilemma over.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 4:51am
Ugh, tired of arguing with the spam filter.

Bought an XB1 yesterday for Forza 5. Love the system, Forza 5 was a huge letdown.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 9:48am
how so?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Ugh, tired of arguing with the spam filter.

Yeah, Captcha would be a better option that the current filter IMHO.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 2:05pm

how so?

It's a list man. For starters, Forza 4 had 400 cars and 26 tracks at launch-F5 has 200 cars and 14 tracks. They've decided to really start pushing tokens in the form of microtransactions and in order to so they've made earning credits a much slower process. On top of that they've taken away the ability to sell your cars to the computer and they've eliminated the gifting system. They've also cut the test drive function and free play is essentially gimped.

I have a nasty feeling they're gonna be adding the extra cars and tracks from Forza 4 as paid DLC...I've already seen a couple on my car buying screen.

The game itself is still fantastic, and the upside to the slower economy is that it forces you to spend more time in the C class events which, to me anyway, are the most fun. I get way more of a thrill out of building up an VW Rabbit or Honda S2000 from D to C than I do from spending a million credits on a pre-made S Class racer.

The trigger feedback effects are also pretty nifty, but they've still added nothing in the way of night racing or weather effects so you'll be seeing the same 14 tracks at the same time of day over the course of your career. I'm honestly not sure why they cut the track count down so low if they weren't going to add variety to the system.

The new Drivatar AI is decent but it seems like half the drivers on any given track are bumbling idiots with one lone car seemingly an impossible lead to catch up to. I thought Forza 4 was a bit too easy but I think Forza 5 pushes it into the wrong direction. I guess they realized this as well because now 1-3 place is Gold so you don't have to catch up to Speed Racer to win the race.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 2:11pm
I noticed the lack of cars on F4 too.  a few months in to F4 I was wondering why it was asking me to pay for cars that came with F3.  It's all one big racket I tell ya.  
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 2:26pm
The lack of cars I'm pretty okay with, I do hope it's just a launch thing, though, and not a trend that leaves us with 50 cars in Forza 6.

T10 is hawking season passes like CoD or Borderlands now so I may bite my consumer pride and plop down the 50 bucks for that. I pretty much only bought the console for Forza and Titanfall so I might as well get my time out of it :P
WolfG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WolfG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2014 at 12:35pm
I'm still excited for all the new exclusive releases coming out though! Titanfall does look very good.. :)
See you on the field!
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2014 at 12:34am

Since this is now the general purpose gaming thread:

Finally got myself a wheel/pedals (Logitech driving force GT). Hell yeah.

WolfG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WolfG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2014 at 12:40pm
I would very much like to try using those with Forza 5 on the PS4... just imagine..
See you on the field!
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2014 at 12:48pm
Anyone on PS4 have some game suggestions? Quickly grew bored of Ghosts. Not a big Battlefield/racing games.

Also extremely disappointed that The Division isn't slated to come out until some time in 2015.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2014 at 1:30pm
Anyone still play Minecraft? 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2014 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Anyone on PS4 have some game suggestions? Quickly grew bored of Ghosts. Not a big Battlefield/racing games.

Also extremely disappointed that The Division isn't slated to come out until some time in 2015.

I enjoy AC: Black Flag.  If you have PS Plus, Outlast is free this month.  I've heard that is pretty spooky.
WolfG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WolfG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2014 at 12:22pm
Does anyone still play minecraft?

I walked past an office the other day at about 6pm and about 6 or 7 guys in there were playing on their enormous monitors haha!
See you on the field!
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2014 at 12:36am
Haven't played it in ages.

I did see a Lego Minecraft set the other day. Thought that was quite hilarious.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
stick_boy_2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Not 1 language strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2014 at 8:51pm
im jumping into this really late I know. I got a PS4, the only reason. my friends did it. ill miss the 3 A.M. Forza drag racing screaming matches with my buddies. I really do enjoy battlefield 4, ghosts is horrible and NFS: rivals is just too sci fi of a racing game for me. AC4: black flag was amazing. especially after the disappointment that was AC3.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic