Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advice on a cyclone.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
paul17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice on a cyclone.
    Posted: 30 December 2013 at 3:02pm
Hi there. This is my first post on any forum so I apologise in advance for any mistakes or things that I may do wrong.

So I'm looking to buy a used tippman A5. I don't want to spend allot or preferable no money on the marker afterwards. When you read reviews etc. it basically makes the cyclone sound like the worse thing you could buy and needs all these expensive upgrades. 

Now the marker I'm looking at has a response trigger , but I never intend to shoot at crazy rates of fire and if I manage to get a high bps from the rt it would be for short 3- 5 ball bursts.

So the question is, do I need these upgrades. This is the older A5 and aparntly that makes a difference, Assuming everything is stock would this gun be reliable throughout the duration of the day and what issues can I expect like breaking balls, ratchets wearing out etc. and also what solutions do you have.

Thanks allot .

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2013 at 7:22pm
Out of the box, the cyclone works just fine. It's when people start mucking about with them that you have to start dumping money into the system to get it to work well. But the stock cyclone is fine with the RT and your basic setup.

Only thing I'd suggest that would potentially cost you more money is to get a nice aftermarket barrel so that you'll have fewer issues with accuracy. It doesn't need to be some expensive multi-part kit or anything. Most of us on this forum have been very happy with the J&J Ceramic line in the 12 or 14 inch lengths for well over a decade now.

But don't let all the hype online fool you, the basic cyclone works just fine. It's the guys who are trying to squeeze every last drop of performance out of their markers that are having the problems.

Hope this alleviates some fears and helps you out!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
paul17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2013 at 2:22am
Thanks allot. This has put me at ease. The marker actually has a stupendously long barrel but that's something ill have to live with seeing that the price is lower than any others I have seen.

My only concern left (if I can state it like that) is worn out parts. As I said this is the older A5 and I've heard of the ratchet wearing out and needing replacement and can be a bit expensive to fix.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic