Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

quieting a marker?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Miburde61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miburde61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: quieting a marker?
    Posted: 28 December 2013 at 11:23am
does anybody know if there is anything you can do to quiet a gun? i know people say barrels and polished internals but is there anything like replacement parts that will quiet the gun internally?
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2013 at 4:05pm
Unfortunately no.

The sear springs can be really annoying on certain markers. I shrink wrapped the one on my 98 RT because it had a horrible springy noise I hated.

Buy a decent barrel and hope for the best.
Miburde61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miburde61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2013 at 9:03am
well i know ill end up getting a lapco are they quiet? 

Edited by Miburde61 - 30 December 2013 at 9:14am
WolfG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WolfG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2014 at 12:37pm
You're probably better off asking in the shop you're purchasing the lapco from I reckon!
See you on the field!
DaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
back from the dead like Tupac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2014 at 2:45am
The Lapco Bigshot is known as a loud albeit nice barrel.
Miburde61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miburde61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2014 at 10:05am
yeah thats fine i was just wondering if there was a way to quiet the internals? but i guess not

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2014 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Miburde61 Miburde61 wrote:

yeah thats fine i was just wondering if there was a way to quiet the internals? but i guess not

Not really. Outside of going to a lower pressure system which some markers are capable of doing, or switching to HPA which can eliminate the tank "ping" that you get some some standard markers, polishing will help a little bit, but that's about it for easy fixes.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic