FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Have you checked the homepage out?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have you checked the homepage out?
    Posted: 20 December 2013 at 12:16pm
Thoughts on acquisition of Tippmann?

Paintball in T&O?!?!?

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2013 at 1:23pm
Didn't check the homepage because they announced it in the "News" sub-forum n00b!

Not the first time Tippmann has been bought and sold. Denny Sr. Sold the majority share to Summit Partners back in '04 in a recapitalization bid. He and Denny Jr. stayed on the board and I know Denny Jr is most likely going to be on the board for this endeavor as well.

To me, it means more money and a broader market for the company. I think you'll see them have the ability to adjust their pricing downward while keeping quality high. They've already made the commitment to remain "made in the USA" with this acquisition, so that's definitely a move in the right direction.

Now, the question which remains to be seen is if the Mods will continue to get free swag or not.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2013 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Now, the question which remains to be seen is if the Mods will continue to get free swag or not.

Speaking of Mods, which one of you has this and what can you tell me about it?
http://www.tippmann.com/Cronus.aspx
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2013 at 3:00pm
We had a question about those not long ago from someone looking to buy one for his kid for xmas. They weren't out yet, but he was wanting to know about them for pre-order. It looks like it probably uses a similar composite to the FT-12, but beyond that, I don't know much about it. Wish some of the old mods who no longer visit (ie Shorty) would get replaced. I know Shorty e-mailed the contact at Tippmann to have them quit sending him markers since he doesn't get to play anymore, but it'd be nice given the recent traffic increase we've seen in non-T&O areas for other more active folks to get a chance to at least try the things that people are asking about.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2013 at 3:15pm
I wish Tippmann would send out a marker to some of us who still play. Anyways...I like the look of it. A friend wants to order one for his son and asked me if I knew anything about it. 
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2013 at 3:46pm
It is a more modifiable version of the alpha black, aka tippmann 98. 

The issue with the alpha black was the body was so big that it was hard to modify. This one has a lot more "changes" you can easily make to it, so it can do a lot of different "looks" while still having the 98 reliability! 

I've not used one personally only seen them in the store and online. 

To me it is a very basic entry level marker to get kids that are into COD to try paintball. 

If someone asks my opinion, I usually direct people to the A-5... The 2011 A-5 is a really nice marker for the money. The "new" barrel is MUCH better than the original a-5 barrels, and I like the larger foregrip and the new cyclone has much better "paddles" inside, and a qeph stock so it cycles even at low pressure. 

I took my 2011 cyclone of my new A-5 and put it on my old factory realtree A-5 that I use all the time. 

Oh, as far as the buyout. I think it will be a good thing long term, Summit was in it for profits, and with the Obama economy in the dumps, it was no surprise to me they wanted to offload it. And a Canadian company buying it makes sense as they don't realize yet what Obamacare will do to their employee costs... 

So we shall see how the next year or two go. 

BTW, the best paint I have ever shot was DXS field factory seconds I got at a field next to my house, so to think Tippmann is partnering with them is exciting, as some players will likely get sponsored by both, and that would be SWEET! As I would love to have a paint sponsor like Draxxus! That is the most difficult part of paintball for me in my area, finding good paint...

It is almost impossible...

I'm using crappy paint right now, as I can't find any good stuff... Which stinks because I have a big game next Saturday, and my only paint choices are boxes of 500 balls... as no one carries anything good around here.

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 20 December 2013 at 3:52pm
They tremble at my name...
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2013 at 3:59pm
Typical T&O, bringing Obama in somehow..

Anyway, the only thing I find funny is that GI Sportz seems like a small company. I like that they are committing to domestic manufacturing. Reminds me of the old Tippmann Pneumatics.

We also need another mod IMO. Or maybe better captcha.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2013 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Typical FE, bringing Obama in somehow..

Anyway, the only thing I find funny is that GI Sportz seems like a small company. I like that they are committing to domestic manufacturing. Reminds me of the old Tippmann Pneumatics.

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2013 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Oh, as far as the buyout. I think it will be a good thing long term, Summit was in it for profits, and with the Obama economy in the dumps, it was no surprise to me they wanted to offload it. And a Canadian company buying it makes sense as they don't realize yet what Obamacare will do to their employee costs... 

For serious?

Like, you really, really did that? You must be a gem at parties.

Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2013 at 1:32pm
I volunteer to be a mod! Haha.

In all seriousness though, this sounds pretty good!

>And a Canadian company buying it makes sense as they don't realize yet what Obamacare will do to their employee costs...

Uh, actually Canadian companies are more used to high costs due to higher taxes and higher costs of living, so that doesn't really scare anybody north of the border. If anything, the American employees would STILL cost less than Canadian ones.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2013 at 3:14pm
It's "sportz" with a "z" so you know it's cool, that's what the kids are doing now-a-days. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2013 at 1:18am
... I wonder when they will begin selling hellhounds...

I mean, they always said 98's wouldn't get Cyclones and Tippmann would never make a handgun or speed ball marker. Of which, I wish I waited for one of those instead of buying a Phenom.
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2013 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Typical FE, bringing Obama in somehow..
HAI, maybe you could be a mod!!111oneone.  You are the only guy here that brings politics into a non-political thread. ferme la bouche.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic