FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

job interview tomorrow.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: job interview tomorrow.
    Posted: 11 December 2013 at 11:33am
So I bit the bullet and applied to a research associate job at a regenerative medicine/stem cell research clinic at a local hospital.  I did my phone interview yesterday, and set up an interview tomorrow with the director of the clinic along with the rest of the staff.  It's scheduled for 2 hours broken into 4 different sections... just the director, then just the quality improvement coordinator, then just the other research associates, then everyone.  I haven't had a real interview in years.  The position was posted about a week and a half ago, and apparently the director is looking to make a decision and an offer by Friday.  I'm now scrambling to get prepared and I'm pretty nervous.  More nervous than I've been for anything besides my wedding.   

Hope it works out.  Wish me luck!
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2013 at 1:04pm
Good luck man!

You shouldn't have any problems since you've had steady employment for several years now. Just be straight and honest with them and I'm sure you'll do great!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
DaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
back from the dead like Tupac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2013 at 1:18pm
Just don't forget that I love you.
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2013 at 3:16pm
Good luck!  Any reason for wanting to switch jobs?
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2013 at 5:39pm
Good luck PCF. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2013 at 9:01pm
I'm getting really sick of 2nd shift.  This would be a later 1st shift.  I'm also working at the central lab for the biggest healthcare system in the state, so it's really busy and most of the time I feel like I'm at a factory instead of what I went to school to do. 

Plus, this seems really interesting and could possibly open many new doors for my career... something that can't be said about where I'm at now.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2013 at 1:47pm
Well, it went well... I think.  I never know how to read people.  Apparently I'll find out by tomorrow.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2013 at 5:12pm
By tomorrow? That's fast.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2013 at 10:24pm
Got the rejection email today. 
I'm not really upset about it either... I would have had to take a pay cut since I would lose my 2nd shift differential... which is $2 an hour.  Sucks that I'm still stuck on 2nd, but the money makes up for it. 
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2013 at 11:34pm
I feel ya on that shift Diff. I get $2.00 an hour for 2nd shift as well, it's hard to take other positions which are technically a higher grade, but less money factoring the diff. 

WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2013 at 1:19am
Had 2 rejection emails Monday. Shot another resume out that day, interviewed today and was offered the job on the spot. As long as my back round check clears.

Sooooo happy to no longer drive 150 miles round trip.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic