FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ski thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ski thread
    Posted: 08 December 2013 at 1:02am
I was skiing on huge moguls with 5 inches of powder on too of them the other day. I wasn't going slow. I destroyed my legs.
Que pasa?

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2013 at 8:20am
Back in college the ski Club headed to Vermont and they said it was awesome.   That year I headed to Colorado to ski with my buddy who attended cu. Who knows, maybe I'll make it out east some time.
Sent from a phone booth
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2013 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

Vail(deep sigh)......
I miss skiing out west but it ruined it for me here in mi. When I'm up north I'll go once a year but making 3 turns a run gets boring.   I picked up an old set of 210 racing skis at salvation army for 15.00. I'm just sitting on them until I get out west again.

Come east. Specifically WV. The runs aren't as long as out west, but they're just as challenging thanks to the fast snow. Cupp Run at Snowshoe is a beast and the VW Beetle sized moguls with 45* descent angle on Shay's Revenge will wear you out when there's no deep powder to slow you down.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2013 at 7:39am
Vail(deep sigh)......
I miss skiing out west but it ruined it for me here in mi. When I'm up north I'll go once a year but making 3 turns a run gets boring.   I picked up an old set of 210 racing skis at salvation army for 15.00. I'm just sitting on them until I get out west again.
Sent from a phone booth
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2013 at 10:59am
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Vail today. Not my video but I was on those runs. Me and a friend got literal first tracks. Employee perks ;)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wdKKiL-HMxU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwdKKiL-HMxU

Nice! I ♥'ed living at a ski resort in season, but hated it out of season. Of course, I was at a resort in the middle of frikken nowhere rather than CO....
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2013 at 9:05pm
Vail today. Not my video but I was on those runs. Me and a friend got literal first tracks. Employee perks ;)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wdKKiL-HMxU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwdKKiL-HMxU
Que pasa?

pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Hairball!!! Hairball!!! wrote:

Originally posted by pntbl freak pntbl freak wrote:

I headed out to Brighton Resort on Friday.

Are you on vacation? I [kinda] live right around there.

I moved to Logan about 8 months ago.  I work by Hill AFB.
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2013 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by pntbl freak pntbl freak wrote:

I headed out to Brighton Resort on Friday.

Are you on vacation? I [kinda] live right around there.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2013 at 12:42pm
We stayed in Zermatt.  The ski are is called "Matterhorn Glacier Paradise".  It sits right on the border with Italy and has runs on both sides.  This is overlooking the Italian side.  

Edited by evillepaintball - 01 December 2013 at 3:47pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2013 at 12:28pm
What's the name of the place you went to?

I headed out to Brighton Resort on Friday. It's probably had about 35% of the runs open but had pretty decent conditions for being the day after Thanksgiving. Were supposed to get a handful of snow this week ago hopefully other mountains and more runs start opening soon.

EDIT: Oh God I apologize for the huge picture. I'll fix it when not on my phone.

Edited by pntbl freak - 01 December 2013 at 12:30pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2013 at 10:54am
The skiing was pretty great the first day, nice groomed runs.  Saturday, the weather turned crappy with snow and 30-40mph winds.  It cleared up as the day went on and left some really nice fresh powder.  I also got to play around some more with this cool little ski app.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2013 at 10:41pm
It's pretty bad when snow hits Texas. Everyone slows way down and just brings traffic to a crawl. I, having plenty of Indiana experience, just get around everyone and leave everyone behind. I would say that maybe they should go slow, because the bald tires they can get away with for 51 weeks of the year won't work in the snow for that one week. I remember letting my tires get pretty bald before deciding I needed to get new rubber.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2013 at 10:39pm
I'm at about 8 full days of skiing already. My mountain opened 6 days ago(15 total). Catch up ;)

Nice skis though.

Edited by jmac3 - 28 November 2013 at 10:40pm
Que pasa?

procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2013 at 12:56am
In texas, what do you consider bad weather?  The report of someone seeing a snowflake?
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2013 at 1:54pm
Winter tires? Here in Texas we just swerve into the ditch during bad weather.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2013 at 1:28pm
Rofl, must be nice having studs.  My Blizzaks rock in the snow, but are only "ok" on ice.  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2013 at 1:17pm
Nice!  I think on Friday I'm going out for the first time this season.

Edited by pntbl freak - 27 November 2013 at 1:20pm
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2013 at 10:19pm
Awesome skis, bro! Definitely is the season! Just got my studded winter tires on my car last night just in time for the snow and ice this morning.

I love winter.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2013 at 3:52pm
Got my new skis and boots back from the shop today.  I bought em about a month ago, but had to order a new brake to fit the skis.  4FRNT Turbo 175 twin tips with Head Challenger 110 boots and Tyrolia Attack 13 bindings.  Ready to hit the Matterhorn this weekend!

Edited by evillepaintball - 01 December 2013 at 12:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic