Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Fone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Fone
    Posted: 22 November 2013 at 6:58am
Ordered a Moto X last Tuesday from Moto Maker. Hit my front stoop last Tuesday. Great to be back in the Motorola fold again. The Galaxy Nexus was a bit long in the tooth even after a root to Jelly Bean 4.3. Happy with the new acquisition. Slightly larger screen (4.7" vs 4.65") in a smaller form factor. Snappy and smooth with a beautiful non-pentile AMOLED screen. Had to buy it at full price so I could keep my unlimited data. Totally worth it since I do a lot of music and video streaming. I also tend to tether my Nexus 7 when there isn't wifi available.
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2013 at 7:54am
I'm all but decided on getting the HTC one in the next few days. Anyone in here have it?
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2013 at 9:10am
Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

I'm all but decided on getting the HTC one in the next few days. Anyone in here have it?

I have one. No complaints.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2013 at 4:57pm
I have one two... Wait, I mean I have an HTC "one" as well.

Get a case for it... They are SLIPPERY! I got a cool realtree case of ebay and I really like it. 

It is WAY different than a blackberry. I still call people by accident because of the giant touch screen. But, I like the phone, battery life is good, and it is like carrying my tablet with me (just a little smaller)...
They tremble at my name...
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2013 at 12:38am
the htc one is ridiculously slippery.  My wife has it and i've almost dropped it a few times.  I have the one x plus and it's got a textured rubber back to it that I don't even need a case for it.  Her and I are a year apart in terms of upgrades so we always leap frog between who has the newest phone.  
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2013 at 7:36pm
I'm still enjoying my galaxy s4. I rooted it shortly after I got it to get rid of the bloat ware and to be able to tweak it, has worked great for me.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2013 at 8:09am
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

the htc one is ridiculously slippery.  My wife has it and i've almost dropped it a few times.

If you'd quit insisting on those melted-butter back massages from her, this wouldn't be the case......
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2013 at 10:14am
We've tried I can't believe it's not butter... it just isn't the same.
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2013 at 5:44pm
HTC one arrived today, any suggestions for apps etc, I've been in samsung galaxy ace limbo for so long I don't know what to do with a proper phone.

The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2013 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

HTC one arrived today, any suggestions for apps etc, I've been in samsung galaxy ace limbo for so long I don't know what to do with a proper phone.

I didnt love the stock keyboard input. Just downloaded swiftkey trial this week and will probably end up buying it.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2013 at 1:01pm
A few of my favorites, Greg Hastings "fields of battle" is a great game for killing time, just move the grenade button further up (in the in game control HUD settings). 

I like I heart radio, instagram, directtv, pandora and candy crush... Yeah, I play it... So what, it beats staring at the bumper in front of you at traffic lights!

Also a fun little "driving" game is hill climb racing. 

If you have multiple facebook pages you manage, "page's manager" is pretty decent app as it allows you to do updates and posts from one of your "pages" without using your normal facebook...

Oh and you need to set up a "google play store" account, if you haven't already to download all your apps. 
They tremble at my name...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic