FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vintage w/'new' race pic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vintage w/'new' race pic
    Posted: 30 September 2013 at 1:52am
Had a blast today, rode in "The Best of The Midwest" motocross event at the Abbott MX Track in Lincoln. Rode a borrowed 1978 Honda CR125M

Was a hoot, got overall 5th in Vintage Class, did not even run my 13YZ250F in the 40+ class. Also for grins and giggles and because was challenged. I entered the "Best Whip" competition at intermission. Rode up to the assembled riders on their new big suspension bikes, a 63yr old on a 35year old bike, the looks were priceless. My turn, wound that old 2 stroke up, dumped the clutch, and charged down the track 'flew' over the three smaller roller 'jumps' climbed the 'start finish' jump steep slope, hit the 'launch lip' and "flew" about 18in in the air, quick snap of handlebars, and this is how we 'whipped' in 1978, was a hit with the crowd.

So overall another trophy for my 'I love me wall' some sore muscles and cramps, still can't lay down the 'Charlie horse' syndrome, and some great memories. There are pics being forwarded will post em when I get em.

#11 is me on a 78 Honda CR-125M as above. #96 is a hybrid 81 Yamaha 650cc experimental MX'r, a 650cc road motor on a hybrid frame.

Edited by oldsoldier - 02 October 2013 at 11:51am
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2013 at 9:49am
Very cool, can't wait to see more pics! That bike is super clean!
They tremble at my name...
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2013 at 2:37am
My new passion, vintage bikes. Fun and 'slower' racing, and I don't have to dodge crazy 40 year olds thinking they are still 20.

We have agreed that we vintage guys are not in it for the trophies or who wins, but to show how the sport originated, and how the bikes grew and changed.

My new monster (what it will look like, not my bike)
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2013 at 8:04am
Lol your borrowed "vintage" bike is younger than I am.

/old.

Nicely done. Enjoy!

KBK

Edited by Kayback - 01 October 2013 at 8:07am
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2013 at 6:16pm
Sounds like a load of fun!
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2013 at 6:34pm
I wish I had room for a bike like that to cruise around town on.   To many toys now.
Sent from a phone booth
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic