Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

.40 S&W

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2013 at 11:42pm
Or vote for a party that believes in personal liberties.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 12:40am
You can, but both parties are going to continue to dominate for the forseeable future. Any independent or libertarian wins are purely hypothetical at this point.

It's like my view of homeschooling. Rather than view the public school system as a sinking ship, why not try and fix it?

It's easier to rally a 2/3 majority to reform a party that takes up 1/2 of the vote than to move a party that gets 1-2% of the vote to its place. Hell, Americans have to be told by doctors not to eat themselves to death, trying to move them to a libertarian base on issues they can't even spell is a long shot at best.

The 2 party system can be ideal, it's just that the right side of the spectrum has gone haywire over the last decade and split into two groups. Fortunately for you, one of those groups is essentially libertarian in nature so roughly a third of your work is already done.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 7:01am
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

You can, but both parties are going to continue to dominate for the forseeable future. Any independent or libertarian wins are purely hypothetical at this point.

As the baby boomers die away, hopefully the younger generation will vote for the party they believe in, not the lesser of two evils.

It's like my view of homeschooling. Rather than view the public school system as a sinking ship, why not try and fix it?

We need more legislation from the Federal level. One size fits all model would work greatly.

It's easier to rally a 2/3 majority to reform a party that takes up 1/2 of the vote than to move a party that gets 1-2% of the vote to its place. Hell, Americans have to be told by doctors not to eat themselves to death, trying to move them to a libertarian base on issues they can't even spell is a long shot at best.

The party doesn't necessarily have to grow, but the principals and ideas are growing daily. And the American public are finally seeing the hypocrisy from both parties.

The 2 party system can be ideal, it's just that the right side of the spectrum has gone haywire over the last decade and split into two groups. Fortunately for you, one of those groups is essentially libertarian in nature so roughly a third of your work is already done.

Huh? Democrats were always supporters of personal liberties, but it's obvious that is
BS. And Republicans have always toted fiscal conservatism but it's obvious that is BS.
That's the beauty of voting for a 3rd party, the take the good of both and leave the rest. What are the chances of a 3rd party ever reaching the white house? Probably never, but that won't stop me from voting for what I believe in.

Edit: My solution to the school issue was sarcastic, didn't want to test any meters.

Edited by impulse418 - 25 September 2013 at 11:31am
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 8:36am
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

As the baby boomers die away, hopefully the younger generation will vote for the party they believe in, not the lesser of two evils.

We need more legislation from the Federal level. One size fits all model would work greatly.

The party doesn't necessarily have to grow, but the principals and ideas are growing daily. And the American public are finally seeing the hypocrisy from both parties.

Huh? Democrats were always supporters ofpersonal liberties, but it's obvious that is
BS. And Republicans have always toted fiscal conservatism but it's obvious that is BS.
That's the beauty of voting for a 3rd party, the take the good of both and leave the rest. What are the chances of a 3rd party ever reaching the white house? Probably never, but that won't stop me from voting for what I believe in.

This.

If it were up to me, I'd abolish the party system period. No private funding of candidates. Everyone gets the same amount and they have to stand on their issues.

If it weren't for gerrymandering in states like MD where you can only vote in your party's primary, I think you'd rapidly see "independent" listed as the #1 affiliation in the US once the baby boomers die off.

As for the firearms. I lost them all in a boating accident yesterday. Tragic.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 9:13am

Not only that, but any primary victories by 3rd party candidates see the major parties changing the rules to discount them.

Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 9:51am
Gun control is a funny thing. In 2005 they decided to reform our gun laws from an already fairly regulated yet almost "shall issue" system to a totally draconian system that require you to provide a need for a firearm and to exercise that need on a yearly basis in some cases.

There are now more "restricted" firearms in the hands of individuals than there ever were before they changed the laws. One drawback of requiring people to provide a "need" is the same need can be used to motivate for many weapons.

We are allowed, without any extra paperwork, 4 firearms, one of which may be a self defense weapon (pistol or shotgun). The other 3 may be any variation of shotgun, manual action rifle or pistol but only one extra pistol for occasional sporting or hunting use. If you want more than that you need to be a registered hunter or sports shooter.

To get registered as a sports shooter you need to belong to a shooting club and a shooting sport which will endorse your firearm as correct for the sport.

I shoot IDPA. They've recently introduced a rifle/shotgun component to it as well called Defensive Multi Gun. Now in IDPA you have SSP, ESP, CDP, ESR and SSR classes as well as a sub division called "BUG". Right off the bat that is 6 pistols I can motivate for. Then bring on the DMG. That's rifles and shotguns. The rifles are broken up into various caliber classes and if they are equipped with optics or not. There are 11 of those classes. The classes work with various shotgun setups. So that's 11 shotguns as well.

Our semi auto rifles are categorized as "restricted" firearms, as are semi auto shotguns. But this isn't a problem if you are a registered sports shooter. I can motivate for 28 firearms for one sport and I have the paperwork to back the claims up. That's without using the "hook" of being a dedicated sportsman, so I need backups in case my primary one goes down. This is one sport. I shoot in 3 sports. I haven't even looked into hunting yet. Or Clays.

There used to be one or two LM's and maybe a Mini 14 at the range that we all used to share. Now we all have our own individual rifles. Literally from sharing 4 rifles between a detail of 16 people we have 15 rifles for 16 people. Gun control, it works.

Tallen, sorry to hear about your loss and you were so close to finishing your FAL. Why did you insist on taking it on the boat to finish those last few things! :)

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 9:56am
As long as our media is so biased cheerleading for their candidate while slandering any opponent... Our system will remain broken, and jobs will continue to leave our country. 

We can't fix this until the public starts paying attention, and they only pay attention when their wallet is affected...

So we should see a big change in the publics opinion once Obamacare takes effect. Since this is what "we" were waiting for or something.
They tremble at my name...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Not only that, but any primary victories by 3rd party candidates see the major parties changing the rules to discount them.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2013/09/13/arizona-election-reform-bill-likely-to-be-on-2014-ballot/

Anyone have any suggestions of where to live in New Hampshire?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Anyone have any suggestions of where to live in New Hampshire?

I've got a buddy who owns a fantastic restaurant in Portsmouth. So the food there is good, but otherwise, not really sure. I hear the White Mountains are nice.

<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 2:20pm
The White Mountains are AMAZING.  And Portsmouth is damn cool, too.  Both are vacation destinations for my family.  Not sure about local economies or jobs, though.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2013 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

As long as our media is so biased cheerleading for their candidate while slandering any opponent... Our system will remain broken, and jobs will continue to leave our country. 

We can't fix this until the public starts paying attention, and they only pay attention when their wallet is affected...

So we should see a big change in the publics opinion once Obamacare takes effect. Since this is what "we" were waiting for or something.

I like the non partisan slammage I'm hearing.   Did you wean yourself off of faux nuze?
Sent from a phone booth
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic