Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where does Merc work?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where does Merc work?
    Posted: 16 September 2013 at 4:00pm
He works in a Virginia ship yard right?
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2013 at 5:46pm
Pretty sure he's in the construction of not in logistics and in va the last I knew. Heck he was probably living it up in europe or something at the time.

* assuming your inquiry is regarding today's incident.

Edited by Lightningbolt - 16 September 2013 at 8:54pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2013 at 10:27pm
He's not in the DC area. Last I knew, he was down in Norfolk.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2013 at 12:09am
Honestly, it was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard what happened to.  
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2013 at 8:57am
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

Honestly, it was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard what happened to.  

Same here, is anybody on his FB?
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2013 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

I was, but I think he deactivated a while back.

Love how nobody thinks about Shorty who also works at a navy facility much closer to the actual shooting.....
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2013 at 11:32am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

I was, but I think he deactivated a while back.

Love how nobody thinks about Shorty who also works at a navy facility much closer to the actual shooting.....

Had I known that I would have asked.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2013 at 12:02pm
Its been almost 1 year since merchas logged into steam friends
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2013 at 1:19pm
Tallen, I had no idea what shorty did for a living.  I think Merc was more vocal about what he was doing.  Plus, I haven't seen shorty around here in quite a while.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2013 at 5:53pm

Tallen, I had no idea what shorty did for a living.  I think Merc was more vocal about what he was doing.  Plus, I haven't seen shorty around here in quite a while.

That's because he can't log in from work. Shorty works for the Department of the Navy at the US Navy Medical Research Center in DC. Merc worked on physical ships, the Naval Yard in DC doesn't actually do much of that work. In fact SEACOM, the building where the shooting took place is more of an acquisitions and logistics center than anything. They do all the purchasing, design specifications, and scheduling of overhauls, etc. there. The actual physical work takes place mainly at Norfolk for surface vessels in the Med and Atlantic fleets.

I wasn't trying to shame anyone, just didn't want Shorty to feel left out.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2013 at 6:32pm
I WUV U SHORTAY!!

Also, medical research? !?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2013 at 7:16pm

I WUV U SHORTAY!!

Yeah, he's one of their guinea pi.... err, I mean "super soldier serum test subjects" yeah.... that's the ticket!

Seriously though, he deals with departmental budgets and budget presentations most of the year.

Also, did you guys see the official word. Despite the news yesterday/last night talking about dude having an AR, he didn't. Remington 870 and the pistol he took off the guard he shot inside the compound. So much for "ARs are deadlier than other guns."
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2013 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

I WUV U SHORTAY!!

Yeah, he's one of their guinea pi.... err, I mean "super soldier serum test subjects" yeah.... that's the ticket!

Seriously though, he deals with departmental budgets and budget presentations most of the year.

Also, did you guys see the official word. Despite the news yesterday/last night talking about dude having an AR, he didn't. Remington 870 and the pistol he took off the guard he shot inside the compound. So much for "ARs are deadlier than other guns."

yep...Feinstein is having an alzheimer's shake and twitch over this...
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2013 at 7:53am

yep...Feinstein is having an alzheimer's shake and twitch over this...

Yep. In fact, she shot her mouth off (no pun intended) before knowing all the facts about the shooting and now she can be seen as the loonie she is:

Originally posted by FrankenFeinstein FrankenFeinstein wrote:

This is one more event to add to the litany of massacres that occur when a deranged person or grievance killer is able to obtain multiple weapons—including a military-style assault rifle—and kill many people in a short amount of time. When will enough be enough? Congress must stop shirking its responsibility and resume a thoughtful debate on gun violence in this country. We must do more to stop this endless loss of life.

God I hope the NRA and GOA throw this right into her face.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2013 at 11:59am
If I knew Short worked at a Navy yard I would of asked about his where abouts.

I'm not surprised Merc deactivated his FB account. Probably picked up a stalker, or he's dead in hostel somewhere.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2013 at 8:51pm
I wonder if the gunman fired any warning shots off of his balcony before doing this.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2013 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by deadeye007 deadeye007 wrote:

I wonder if the gunman fired any warning shots off of his balcony before doing this.

Probably not, ammo's expensive these days...
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic