Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody have

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NANomaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NANomaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anybody have
    Posted: 11 September 2013 at 10:47pm
An image of the OMHW paintball team logo ?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2013 at 10:26am
Which one do you want, there was more than one. Also, what do you want it for? OMHW is still around and probably won't take kindly to anyone using their logos without permission.

Edited by tallen702 - 12 September 2013 at 10:28am
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
NANomaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NANomaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2013 at 11:57pm
I wasn't planning on using it, I had it on my hardrive and lost it due to a hardrive failure. I collect paintball art and always liked the one they had with the three guys in it. It looked like a rookie, a speedballer and a milsim player and it screamed teamwork, no matter what style of ball you play you are welcome on our team. I talked to a former OMHW member and he said he will try to hook me up on another forum, but haven't heard from him in awhile. Someone else said I may have some luck over here.

A little bit of background:

I am already on a team, we have our own logo, I am 48 and have been playing since the mid 80's. I collect stuff and cool art is one of them. I work at a very old field thats steep in paintball history as my boss was the founding creator of Scenario paintball. My boss and his wife are very close to Tippmann, mainly Eric Garber , mainly due to the amount of time they have been in business together as Tippmann supplies our field with rental guns.

That being said, I have no ill will towards OMHW or their members, I just simply like the art.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 7:55am
That's cool, I talked with Evil Elvis yesterday to try and get that particular logo for you. He did the original art, but lost his whole house due to the freak tornado in Massachusetts a few years back, including his computer that had the original copy on the HDD. I'm going to see if some of our other team mates still have it for you. I figure Shorty or Pic will.

As for the history of that logo. It was created at/after the "path of disaster" event at Anne Arundal paintball (no longer exists) in MD. The speedballer is actually me. The guy in the middle with the boonie hat is Rockslide, and I can't remember who is on the right hand side of it.
A quick search of the OMHW forum came up with a tiny little photo of Greg Smith's jersey. I'll see if he can't snap a new picture at the very least.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 9:08am

Best I can get right now. Shorty's going to see if he has the raw image when he gets home from work.
NANomaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NANomaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 6:19pm
You guys been together for awhile ? You mentioned Anne Arundle Paintball, I used to live in Md and played at Outdoor Adventures in Bowie. I reffed there occasionally, Seen my first NPPL tournament there in 94 (The DC Cup) and played with a team called the Bushmen. Don't know if you know them, they are from Charles County but been around since 1987.

Thanks for the better pic, if you can find a hard copy, I was going to show it to my boss, Wayne Dollack. He collects paintball stuff too.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 10:04pm
You old guys remind me of the Nelspot story. Starts at the 42 min mark.
NANomaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NANomaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 10:09pm
Funny, the Nelspot 007 was my first gun. It had a battle pump, battle grips, and this little lever you flipped to change c02. It also had a 4"barrel extension and a pvc quick loader. Yes, I'm the old, lol. My first high end was called a Team AGS Bloodsucker and I have it hanging on my wall at work.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2013 at 1:44am
Yeah, OMHW started in the late 90's. It was pretty much the de facto forum team at one point with Engineer (Brad) on the team. He was an engineer with Tippmann in the family-owned days from up in Canada. The Path of Disaster scenario here in MD was right before the A5 was released to the public and we had them in our hands for that game to run through a "torture test" in a 24 hour scenario.

Most of us have moved on from paintball. Myself and Evil Elvis still play, and Shorty BP still has all of his equipment, but Picasso, Pepprdog, Rockslide, Carr, Big Al, Evil Fran and the rest have hung up their markers for some time now. Old Soldier still lurks around here as well, but I'm pretty sure he's not playing as much as the old days anymore, if at all.

Mind you, most of us still get together once or twice a year for a big shindig at one member's place or another.

NANomaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NANomaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2013 at 11:48pm
Any luck finding that image yet ?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2013 at 10:28pm
Nah, no joy. Looks like it's disappeared from everything but that Jersey and a couple of shirts that Pepprdog has.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic