Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Well, that was fun...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Well, that was fun...
    Posted: 10 September 2013 at 11:32am
As I was posting on Reb's post, I heard a double thud down on the main level of the house. Just me and the dog at home right now and she didn't hear it.

Got my pistol out, and cleared the house room to room. All doors and windows were still locked and intact. Got to the last room which was my bedroom. Went by the bathroom entrance on my way to check the walk-in closet when I saw the shampoo on the floor outside of the shower stall. The curtain is opaque and 80% closed.

I was about 99% certain the house was empty, but that shampoo on the floor made me want to revise that number. Gun up and pointed at the shower stall, I edged in. I could tell after I set foot in the bathroom there was nobody in the shower stall. It was the %&$*+@# shampoo caddy. The suction cups gave up and dumped everything on the floor of the stall. The shampoo just bounced out onto the bathroom floor.

Great. Now I have to knock back a couple of beers to calm myself so I can go to bed.

/smh
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2013 at 12:35pm
Been there, done that, but it was a bunch of #%&*$ that the wife had piled on the top shelf of the closet that decided to cause an avalanche at 3AM...
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2013 at 4:30pm
In my and my gf's apartment, there is a no nails and screw rule for the walls. So we put some command strip hooks over the window so we could hang a curtain rod (My gf works nights at the hospital, so she sleeps during the day). Well around 6-7am, one strip gives out and the curtain rod falls with sun lighting the room. My gf jumps towards me in bed in complete terror. I just roll over and go back to sleep.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2013 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

In my and my gf's apartment, there is a no nails and screw rule for the walls. So we put some command strip hooks over the window so we could hang a curtain rod (My gf works nights at the hospital, so she sleeps during the day). Well around 6-7am, one strip gives out and the curtain rod falls with sun lighting the room. My gf jumps towards me in bed in complete terror. I just roll over and go back to sleep.

For the amount of people that think Command strips are the best thing going, I've had an extreme amount of experiences like yours...
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2013 at 6:35pm
And then he shot the shampoo, just to make sure.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2013 at 7:06pm
The scariest thing is when a poster or christmas lights fall on you while you're sleeping. In my infinite laziness in college I didn't feel like moving the lights so they scared the crap out of me every time I moved.
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2013 at 6:52am
My gf's mom has a drop-tile ceiling in her basement. Was staying the night last Christmas when her cat jumped out of the ceiling onto my face.
Scared the bejeesus out of me and the cat ( who was probably much worse off after I launched her across the room).
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2013 at 9:35am
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

And then he shot the shampoo, just to make sure.

Was telling the story last night at work. One of the guys said, "Did you shoot the shampoo?"
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2013 at 1:06pm
Been there. Last year during a big storm, my upstairs door to the laundry room (which is in a sort of indoor/outdoor porch) flew open and slammed against the wall. I grabbed my gun and went to check it out. As I started to walk past the top of my stairs, the front door downstairs flew open and crashed against the wall.

Freaked me out at first until I realized it was just the storm/pressure changes from when the first door opened.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2013 at 1:47pm
Wait until you have a garage door spring break... It sounds like someone crashed into your house!
They tremble at my name...
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2013 at 3:00pm
Been there, done that. Dog was growling at the back door one night, a really deep"who the hell is in my yard" type of growl. I get my 590 and we go investigate.....a possum....
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2013 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Wait until you have a garage door spring break... It sounds like someone crashed into your house!

He's alive!

But yeah had similar happen, fortunately new house has garage separate from main building.

Just got my wife to read World War Z as we just watched the movie, and I was away on night shift. She said the spare bedroom door, which is ALWAYS shut, just swung open. She couldn't even go get the shotgun because that's where the gun safe is :) all she had was her LC9.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2013 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Welcome Back! where have you been hiding?
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2013 at 8:32am
Life has been crazy busy... I got burned out on the forum for a while. I've been making lots of paintball videos, and working a ton. I got a mag fed Tipx to try that out, should be an interesting season. 

We had crazy noises at our house in a three day period. I was convinced we were getting robbed. First one, my kids were gone, and my wife and I were watching TV. When we heard a loud crash coming from the kids room area of the house. 

I grabbed my S&W 9mm and flashlight, and went right to the windows, as that is what it sounded like. 

But, nothing was out of place...

Went to the garage, nothing...

Went outside.

Nothing...

Went into the bathroom, and the light over the sink BROKE, and one of the lights was laying against the mirror (luckily the mirror didn't shatter). It just broke free and fell, (the wire kept it from hitting the ground). 

A few days later, we were waiting for my youngest to get home, and we were watching TV (about 11:30pm) and we heard a HUGE crash. I grabbed the gun again, and went looking. It sounded like someone crashed into our house. So I went outside, and nothing... Went into the garage, and nothing...

Finally looked up at the spring and sure enough, it snapped in half. Getting the door open was a real hassle so we could leave the next day! 

Then the next night... 

AGAIN, a LOUD crash from the kids room. My daughter had left something on the edge of her bookshelf, and it just fell...

I'm fast at grabbing my gun and clearing the house now! Funny how your adrenaline goes from zero to 100 in a second when that happens!

They tremble at my name...
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2013 at 5:41pm
After reading all of this, I wonder what noise I will hear and dismiss as being something similar- and end up in several dumpsters across town. 

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2013 at 7:42pm
One night(maybe 2 am) before the dog even stopped growling I was in ready to rock position. An old buddy had stopped by drunk after the bar and wedged a note in the storm door. I'm blessed with a defensive position that favors a strong hand firing position.   It urks me trying to help friends figure out how to defensively position themselves "in the event" when all of the   advantageous positions favor the weak hand.

Edited by Lightningbolt - 12 September 2013 at 7:50pm
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 12:10am
What is this "defensive position" you speak of?
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 1:42am

I call mine 'facing away from the house and moving quickly.'

e: A series of positions in rapid succession, really. Shocked

Edited by BARREL BREAK - 13 September 2013 at 1:43am
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 2:33am
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

What is this "defensive position" you speak of?

meaning "self defense" not "self offense". Clearing the house in my situation(no children at home to protect) is just a bad idea if you think that a criminal is in the house.

yes bb at the point that I would be sure that a criminal were in the house the first option would be to jump out the Window and run. But what if you have kids? Launching out the Window and leaving your loved ones to fend for themselves seems a bit selfish to say the least. I guess when my friends mom got murdered it got me thinking just a tiny wee bit.

Jumping out the window or clearing the house armed everytime I hear a noise isn't standard operating procedure for me. Houses tend to make noises for various reasons. The structure can adjust to temperature or humidity, a dish can slide in the sink etc.

However my dogs signal that there was someone at the front door at 2a.m. was spot on. I can't believe I actually know someone that would stop by at 2a.m. drunk. That's nite nite time around here.

Edited by Lightningbolt - 13 September 2013 at 3:00am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2013 at 5:39am
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

After reading all of this, I wonder what noise I will hear and dismiss as being something similar- and end up in several dumpsters across town. 

That's what I like about you, Reb. You have such a positive outlook on life...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic