FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post ur gunz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2013 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Our shop manager is getting ready to retire... We are going to get him a Henry rifle for his retirement from the company. I can't wait to see it! 

A friend of mine owns one. We spent an afternoon putting 3 bricks, about 900 rounds, with no issues.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2013 at 11:07pm
I love my Henry. I have a Golden Boy as well, and it has treated me well. The only thing I don't like is the rear sight, but I'm going to upgrade that at some point. If you fire shorts, you really can't hear the thing fire. I wish they made a side-feed 38/357.

Also, its made in the PRNJ so that's a plus for me. I know people who work at the factory.

Edit:

Here's a crappy old pic of mine shortly after I got it. Above it is my Dads 1963 1894 Winchester 

Edited by SSOK - 26 November 2013 at 11:36pm
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2013 at 1:42pm
My dad loaned me his Henry .22 lever action(Blued) and it is a blast to shoot. It's nice to shoot hundreds of rounds without paying much, and the the lever action adds another joy to shooting.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2013 at 2:27pm
I came in here to post pics of my new gun, opened the thread, and immediately felt creeped out.

Traded my 94/22 for one of these in .22 magnum...

Edited by stratoaxe - 27 November 2013 at 2:27pm
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2013 at 2:42pm
Has T&O replaced the Mosin?  I only ask because I just got home with this. 
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2013 at 3:28pm
Some things I noticed in this thread.

-This forum has become a hivemind

-We've stopped making any effort to get dressed or clean up for our pics

-If we all got together at a shooing range low flying aircraft would have their crew blinded
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2013 at 4:42pm
This is the best.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2013 at 4:46pm
I think we've replaced the Moist Nugget. Eville, is yours used? I noticed it came out of Brooklyn, and they moved out of there years ago.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2013 at 4:48pm
Out with the moist nugget, in with the golden nugget.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2013 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

I think we've replaced the Moist Nugget. Eville, is yours used? I noticed it came out of Brooklyn, and they moved out of there years ago.

Uhhhh, if by "used" you mean I "used" google to find a picture of one, then yes.  
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2013 at 12:52am
Henry combo breaker!

I don't own any rifles... yet.  

But I did go shooting a bit ago with my brother's 870 before I bought my shotgun.  The thing is heavy, cycles like crap, the pump wobbles back and forth but it shoots like a champ.  

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2013 at 8:54pm

Good gawd that thing is fun! Didn't even do a real cleaning job on it. There wasn't any cosmo, just oil. Fits like a FN-1903 and shoots like a 1911. Accurate little sucker. I was nailing water bottles at 25 yards no problem.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2013 at 12:05am
I don't feel like watching your YouTube video (sorry) but is that one of those 9mm Torkarevs that AIM had?
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2013 at 12:58am
What kind of commie winter gear are you wearing?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2013 at 8:24am
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

What kind of commie winter gear are you wearing?

Don't make me call Evil Elvis in here to set you straight on the USMC Wooly Pully son!

I don't feel like watching your YouTube video (sorry) but is that one of those 9mm Torkarevs that AIM had?

If you'd so much as clicked "play" you'd know right away. It's a real Romanian TTC, not the knock-off Yugo one or the new manufacture 9mm Zastava one. Yugos (Zastava) won't accept standard TTC mags and didn't have an external safety. So for import, they had to add one in place which meant butchering the original firearm. Cugir in Romania had external safeties from the start. So I went with the TTC instead of the M57.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2013 at 12:45pm
Wearing US gear while shooting a commie gun? Tsk tsk

You don't have a big furry ruskie hat to wear?
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2013 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

What kind s
commie winter gear are you wearing?

Don't make me call Evil Elvis in here to set you straight on the USMC Wooly Pully son!

If you'd so much as clicked "play" you'd know right away. It's a real Romanian TTC, not the knock-off Yugo one or the new manufacture 9mm Zastava one. Yugos (Zastava) won't accept standard TTC mags and didn't have an external safety. So for import, they had to add one in place which meant butchering the original firearm. Cugir in Romania had external safeties from the start. So I went with the TTC instead of the M57.

I have crappy Internet service in the sticks. Don't take it personally, yo.

I kinda want to CCW a Torkarev, but I've read they're unsafe with one in the pipe. Also 7.62x25 is hard to find.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2013 at 8:01am

I kinda want to CCW a Torkarev, but I've read they're unsafe with one in the pipe. Also 7.62x25 is hard to find.

The original TTs were unsafe with one in the pipe, but not the TTC (The Romanian ones). They were engineered with a trigger-blocking safety for that very reason.

As for ammo. It's readily available now. Prvi Partisan and S&B have been manufacturing Boxer-Primed brass-cased FMJ ammo for them since the ban on the importation of the surplus (steel core) stuff.

Just remember, 7.62tok penetrates like a mo-fo. Even the non-steel stuff will defeat a type III-A vest.

Case in point:

It's a minute-eighteen, worth watching.

That said, I've got 100 rounds of pre-ban Czech steel core coming my way this week. It'll be saved for extenuating circumstances....
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2013 at 10:18pm
I had a couple of the safety modified TT's, ammo wasn't terrible hard to come by but that was 4 or 5 years ago.

I miss them and will likely buy another-they're a ton of fun to shoot and the fire ball from the barrel is pretty tough to beat. Especially considering I paid under 200 bucks for the pair.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic