FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post ur gunz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2013 at 3:10pm
Shoots nice.  I only shot maybe 10 rounds through it so far.  1 FTE and one failure to ignite, but the rounds were from, probably, the early 60s.  We found them in my grandpas basement and he was a major pack rat.  As far as I know, they all have threaded barrels.  Mine does and it was the base model at the store.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2013 at 12:57am
Haven't had a chance to get over to my dad's for a proper family photo of our toys, but here's a few I have on my PC-

70's model break apart Belgium Browning .22-

Winchester 94/22

Glock .40, AR-15 which I no longer own, Maadi AK, and my Remington 700 heavy barrel-

Glock G36 .45 and my Springfield Champion-

I'll try and get a group roundup later this week.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2013 at 9:04am
Rather than create a new thread, I figured I'd bump this one.

Finally got around to headspacing my FAL the other day. All the instructions said to clean everything really well (which I did) and then remove the firing pin and extractor from the bolt. Firing pin is easy. Spring tension on the pin itself holds it against a pin which isn't in very tight (as it has the spring tension to hold it in there and the bolt carrier to prevent it working its way out). The extractor however, seems to require special tools to remove as it's the 'newer' 2 piece construction which is better for part life, but a PITA for servicing.

So, I'd put it off and put it off because I didn't really want to eff around with the bolt that much, but then I took a look at my go/no-go gauges from Clymer. They both have firing pin and extractor cuts on them, so no need to remove ANYTHING! Really lucked out on that as I wasn't looking forward to paying $40 for a tool I'll most likely use once or twice in my life.

Anywho, got it all headspaced, ordered the appropriate locking shoulder, and should have the final pieces in place by the end of the week to go for a test run!

I'll post pics once the shoulder is in place now that the flash hider is on and I have mags.

<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 8:15pm
After a few rounds of sporting clays with my 20 gauge 870, I decided to "upgrade".  I went to my local shop... which I probably won't frequent... and found an older model 1100 for $400.  Price was right for me, and I needed a new to me 12 gauge for both clays and pheasant hunting.  I went hunting today and used my brother's 870 12 for most of the day... got to only put one shot through the 1100.  First time shooting a semi-auto shotgun and it's going to take some getting used to.  Less kick than my pump, but more momentum to control.  

anyway... here's some pics.

PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2013 at 9:07am
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2013 at 9:20am
Originally posted by PaiNTbALLfReNzY PaiNTbALLfReNzY wrote:

You have no idea how happy this throwback makes me today.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2013 at 12:14pm
Finished! Locking shoulder is in place and passes the go/no-go checks. Can't wait to load her up with 7.62 NATO and let her fly!
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2013 at 1:00pm
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Your FB post made it sound like the wife is now in the loop?

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2013 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Your FB post made it sound like the wife is now in the loop?

KBK

Yep. She knows. She doesn't know how much it cost. I, "traded parts for parts" (out and out lie) so she's cool with it.

Also, I've repeatedly suggested "Gareth" as a boy's name if that's what our kid is, but she keeps shooting it down. She says it sounds "Viking" and I calmly reply it's Welsh and a damned cool name.

Edited by tallen702 - 09 November 2013 at 5:15pm
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2013 at 6:59pm
Soon I will change my license to Colorado so I can finally join you people in the owning of a handgun without taking annoying classes and permits. Even though I fully think I should have to take those things, why should I limit myself when no one else does?

Am I doing it right?

Edited by jmac3 - 09 November 2013 at 6:59pm
Que pasa?

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2013 at 12:11am
Good luck with those 15 rounders in Colorado. Hooray for fleeing NJ.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2013 at 12:16am
15 rounds? I'll go buy this for $280

Que pasa?

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2013 at 11:05am
Newest acquisition, not even fully unwrapped!

If you don't have a 03FFL, you really are missing out. $30 for 3 years of delivery to your doorstep is fantastic!

Edited by tallen702 - 25 November 2013 at 11:06am
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2013 at 8:19am
I just bought a Henry Golden Boy .22. Such a neat rifle. Cost as much as some mid-end airguns, too.

My next purchase will probably be another black powder. I'm thinking cap-n-ball revolver, and I'm a fan of Remington New Armies. Probably a nice stainless frame.

Edited by DeTrevni - 26 November 2013 at 8:26am
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2013 at 8:27am
Any pics of that Henry? I've always been interested in those... 
They tremble at my name...
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2013 at 8:31am
I could snap a pic when I get off work, but it's a bone stock Golden Boy. The action is butter smooth, but I haven't had a chance to shoot it. For the $399 at Academy, the fit and finish is fantastic. It just feels like it will last. Can't wait to plink with it.

Edit: Also, I want this indescribably badly:

http://henryrepeating.com/The-Original-Henry-Rifle.cfm

Edited by DeTrevni - 26 November 2013 at 8:33am

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2013 at 8:41am
Yeah, $400 is just too much for me to justify a .22LR, especially when I can pick up very good store-brand models (Sears, Montgomery Ward, K-Mart, JC Penny's branded stuff) for ~$100 or so these days.

I mean, I can pick up 2 mosin Nagants and a TTC for that money.

Doesn't mean I don't like them, just can't shell out that kind of cash for them. I love looking at the Henry Repeating Arms catalog, but always cringe at the MSRP line.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2013 at 9:29am
Eh. I prefer new whenever possible, and in the range of new guns, this is still on the lower end of the price scale.

Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2013 at 10:02am
Henry = Big smile
Damn good rifles!
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2013 at 12:09pm
Our shop manager is getting ready to retire... We are going to get him a Henry rifle for his retirement from the company. I can't wait to see it! 
They tremble at my name...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic