FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post ur gunz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post ur gunz
    Posted: 07 September 2013 at 5:36pm
'Bout that time again.

Edited by evillepaintball - 07 September 2013 at 5:37pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2013 at 9:43pm
Current lineup (minus the PA-63)

Top to bottom:
1851 Colt Navy in .44
Kentucky Pistol in .50
1895 Nagant in 7.62x38R
1891/30 Mosin Nagant "Izzy" dated 1943 7.62x54R
Argentine MkIV FAL kit on a CAI Metric milled receiver 7.62x51 NATO
Chinese Type 53 in 7.62x54R dated in the mid 50's
Steyr M95/34 Austrian date scrubbed 8x56R
Western Field 815 (Mossberg 321) single-shot .22lr
Maverick-88 12ga

Some old friends who are gone but not forgotten:

CMMG 14" Nitrided M4 with MOE furniture

Springfield "GI .45" 1911, bare bones

Old family photo with the PSL-54C (7.62x54R) my PA-63 (9x18mak) 1911, .22, and 91/30.

Edited by tallen702 - 08 September 2013 at 2:16am
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 12:34am
This was my day today...

only thing that's "mine" is the 20 gauge 870 on the right.  Next to that is my dad's over/under.  On the left are my brother's guns.  Glock 17, ooold remington 1911, and the lever action rife.  Not sure what kind of rifle specifically, but it shoots 35mm rounds and he has a heck of a time finding ammo for it.  The 1911 and lever action came from my grandpa via our late great uncle.   Leaning on the wall behind those are a bunch more 12 guages of various makes and models and a .223 AR that we didn't get to shoot because the brother of the guy's farm we were at never showed with the ammo.  Oh well.  Fun day of mostly trap shooting, playing a game we call Annie Oakley

Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 2:50am
Huh, I don't have a group photo. Will have to see if I can get one done.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 8:25am
I'll take a group shot today too I think.
I haven't done that in a long, long time.
Collection hasn't grown much- its actually gotten a little bit smaller since 'the flood.'

JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 9:26am
Mossberg defender, comes with us on our kayak trips. 
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 11:28am
What kind of rounds are those Johnny?
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 11:45am
They are Winchester PDX1's, 3 double ought buckshot pellets and a rifled slug behind them.

Edited by JohnnyCanuck - 08 September 2013 at 11:47am
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 11:58am
My grandpa shared his thoughts on home defense rounds yesterday... for handguns, you take a hot razor blade to slice the lead a bit.  For shotguns, you load your own rounds with 8 buckshot pellets, top that off with a bit of other shot, and top all that off with onion juice.  He said that if he gets away you can just tell the cops he'll be the one showing up at the hospital with a pretty bad case of gangrene.   

I love those old stories that he has. 
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 12:48pm
We used to cut our shotgun shells when I lived on the farm, worked great on mule/white tail.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 3:32pm

This is my collection minus a Mini-14, Kentucky rifle, and 10-22 international.

Most of them serve a purpose, but one of the purchases might have been heavily influenced by the movie "Snatch".
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

What kind of rounds are those Johnny?

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck JohnnyCanuck wrote:

They are Winchester PDX1's, 3 double ought buckshot pellets and a rifled slug behind them.

Hmmm . . . I'd have bet almost anything they would have been 1/4" crushed potine pellets suspended in maple syrup.
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 7:13pm
how DARE you mock "poutine",  which we made last night, tyvm!
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Huh, I don't have a group photo. Will have to see if I can get one done.

KBK

ditto. I can only think of maybe 3 of my rifles and a shotgun I have yet to post...
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2013 at 7:59pm
Got a chance to shoot my SR556 and M1 over the past few days. Both are EXCELLENT firearms. I only have 3 complaints about the Ruger. The firing pin retaining pin that came with it was to big and protruded from the side of the bolt carrier. About 10 minutes with a vice, hammer, and some files fixed that issue. The second complaint is that the aluminum hand guard gets hot; FAST. 60 rounds in and it was almost too hot to hold. I'm going to have to get some rails and heat shields put on ASAP. Thirdly, the front site that came with it does not adjust in increments. On a milspec sight, there is a pin that allows you to adjust the elevation in "clicks". X number of clicks = Y inches at Z meters. The Ruger's is just a straight screw, so there was a lot of guesswork to figure out how much to turn it to get the desired result. Other than that, shot like a dream. The Burris Fast Fire 3 site was a bit of a pain to zero, but she works like a charm now. 

Then there is the M-1. Semi-auto, .308, smooth as silk with an ever so satisfying "PING" to let you know you just sent 8 rounds down range. What more can I say about it?
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2013 at 10:45pm
I actually think I still owe Robocop some pics of a pair of antique .22's my dad acquired, I forgot until I saw this thread.

Anyway, no pics for now but-

Springfield Champion Loaded 1911 .45(Nickel)
Springfield Micro 1911 .45(Duo Tone)
Glock G36 Slim .45
Winchester Model 94 (70's model) .22
Remington 700 VLS heavy barrel .308
Remington .22 bolt action from the 20's
Maadi AK-47
Savage .16 bolt-action heavy barrel

Those are my personal guns, between my dad and I (I don't keep my guns where I live) there are far more.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2013 at 12:30am
Strato did you mean Savage .17?

Edited by Lightningbolt - 10 September 2013 at 12:31am
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2013 at 4:37am
Lightning-yeah I actually meant to correct that, but editing on my phone sucks and I took lengthy phone call right afterwards :P
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2013 at 7:03pm
In order of manufacture...

July of 1942 Inland Division (GM) M1 Carbine
1942 Izhevsk Mosin Nagant, cut to 16" barrel with a M1903 front sight. 
1943 Izhevsk Mosin 91/30. Stock with a scope.
1992 S&W M64-5 4" .38SPL revolver
Henry Golden Boy lever 22
Remington 870

I'm also in the process of building an AR now that I escaped the PRNJ. I owe Ceesman pics.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2013 at 7:25pm
Snapped a quick one of the kids. Momma shotgun is out in the car, and Poppa M-4 is at the armory for another week.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic