Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Time for a new pistol?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Time for a new pistol?
    Posted: 30 August 2013 at 9:56am
Talking to a buddy of mine at work and we were talking about pistols. I've been thinking about getting another one. My buddy has been doing a bunch of research online and he's settled on an EAA Windicator .357 revolver. He showed me a bunch of YouTube vids and some articles about the pistol and it has me intrigued. You can get the blued 2" inch barrel model for $300 or less. Seems pretty nice. Concealable which I like and still a good home defense weapon.

Since there are members here with firearms knowledge, I thought I'd ask your opinions. Would anyone here go with one of these or have a better option revolver-wise?
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2013 at 11:57am
Shoot one first. 357 in a small gun is barely shootable. I'm no wimp, but there's no way you can quickly shoot five or six rounds quickly in a small 357.

Get a used S&W model 10 or 64. One without a lock or MIM parts. They're the nicest revolvers ever made, and a LEO trade in can be had cheap and the gun will long outlive you.

10 being blued and 64 is SS.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2013 at 12:44pm
The Ruger sp101 is the only revolver that has ever felt comfortable in my hands(I have long fingers/big hands)
but I generally dislike revolvers because they feel uncomfortable to me and they don't hold as many rounds as an auto.

Edited by Lightningbolt - 30 August 2013 at 12:49pm
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2013 at 2:08pm
Get a Judge.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2013 at 3:01pm
What about a knife. With a paintball on the tip. A paintballknife, if you will.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2013 at 7:27am
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

I miss the days when someone legitimately suggested strapping a bingo marker to a barrel as a bayonet.

StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2013 at 2:13am
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

Paintball?  What is this paintball you speak of??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic