FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FAL Build:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FAL Build:
    Posted: 28 August 2013 at 12:23pm
So, most of my parts have come in for my FAL. Only missing a flash hider (going with a Belgian short-type combo hider) the appropriate locking shoulder (can only find out which one I need when the barrel is mounted to the receiver) and the bolt hold-open device (back ordered as part of my kit).

The neighbor is getting a barrel vise and wrench which should make installation easier, and I have one small cut to make on the hinge pin lug to let my Argie kit fit perfectly.

Going to go grab some baby-poop yellow paint and do a Rhodie camo job on it when it's all done. Sure, it's a Argie and not a R1, but it'll do for me! I'll post pics when I get a chance.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2013 at 3:20pm
Why is it called a "flash hider" when it lights up the area you are in with a bright orange flame?
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2013 at 10:44pm
Because it prevents the flash from blinding the shooter, it hides the flash from them.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2013 at 7:24am
^ yup!

Shame on you Ceesman! Someone tug on his face and see if he's actually Diane Feinstein wearing a Ceesman mask!

But yeah, it's to help prevent flash-blindness for the shooter. Mind you, the libtards who want to ban evil black rifles believe it means it hides your muzzle flash from others making it harder for you to be seen when you're mowing down crippled cancer-ridden children at a baby seal petting zoo......
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2013 at 9:16am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

^ yup!

Shame on you Ceesman! Someone tug on his face and see if he's actually Diane Feinstein wearing a Ceesman mask!

But yeah, it's to help prevent flash-blindness for the shooter. Mind you, the libtards who want to ban evil black rifles believe it means it hides your muzzle flash from others making it harder for you to be seen when you're mowing down crippled cancer-ridden children at a baby seal petting zoo......

You think I don't know that?LOL I have to explain this to anti's quite often as well as to why there is no such thing as an "assault rifle" and that that term was developed by one of history's greatest human monsters for morale and propaganda purposes. Today it used by equally every day monsters....left sided politicianswho believe that if you take away guns that all crime and evil in the world will go away instantly.
And the next time you have my name and Feinstein's name in the same sentence I will kick you in the jimmies and then by you a beer. LOL
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2013 at 5:18pm
I thought it was an out of character question.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2013 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Me too, but you never know with those commie NYers.....
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2013 at 10:51pm
Where are the damn pictures?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2013 at 7:31am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Me too, but you never know with those commie NYers.....

Keep it up ya Belfast Bomb Thrower!  I just ordered my FUAC sticker and I will not comply!
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2013 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Where are the damn pictures?

I'll snap some tonight when the wifey hits the hay.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2013 at 5:23pm
Have to wait until the wife falls asleep? LOL
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2013 at 10:55pm
Yep! She doesn't even know it exists, so NO TALKING ABOUT IT ON FACEBOOK. Seriously, this is something that she'd probably bring up the "d" word over....

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2013 at 11:02pm

Overview. Need to make the "Argie Cut" on the hinge point on the receiver, just 1mm shaved off so the hammer pin doesn't prevent it from fully closing up.

Close up of the CAI receiver and the kit. Mismatched color won't matter once the baby-poop yellow paint gets brushed on everything.

Chrome lined and unused!

No raw metal on the threads. Never used barrel!

Bag-o-internals

From what I can tell, most of the kit was never issued. Handguards are dirty/touch-o-rust from being issued, but that's okay with me. Barrel is unused, so are the internals, piston, and gas tube/block. Light coating of cosmo on everything. They didn't ship the bolt hold-open device because it was the only part missing from the kit (and thus it wasn't sold yet) but will ship it as soon as it gets in. If it takes too long, I can just bite the bullet and grab one from gunthings.com for $25. Barrel is threaded for the flash-hider or other goodies. Just trying to decide whether to send off to the RSA for a combo front sight (rifle/rifle grenade) to make it more "Rhodie."
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2013 at 12:05am
Since your wife doesn't know..

Does she even know what a FAL is? A FAL can be a shotgun or something you already own for all she knows.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2013 at 2:32am
She knows the term. She doesn't know what it looks like, but she DOES know how much it costs, hence the DO NOT TALK ABOUT IT ON FB!!!!

I'm not worried about her finding the actual rifle. It's in relatively plain sight in the gun safe. She just doesn't know what all is in there or what everything looks like. But she's a smart gal and we talked about me building the FAL and I was told I could go piece by piece over a long time but not the full kit (upfront cost vs amortized so to speak) She'll have kittens if she knows I bought a kit.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2013 at 3:06am
How much is it worth to you that this information isn't made public?!

KBK
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2013 at 8:23am
Damn Africans.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2013 at 8:56am

Pictured: Kayback
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2013 at 10:22am

How much is it worth to you that this information isn't made public?!

KBK

Don't forget Kayback, I have people who go to Capetown every year.... I know you're thinking "He works at an Episcopal school, and that's who goes over every year," but I will have our chaplain hunt you down and proselytize to you for a week straight if you leak this.....
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2013 at 12:52am
You're all a bunch of capitalist pigdogs and I'm the only person who decides there is profit in this? I think you are all jealous :p

KBK

Edited by Kayback - 02 September 2013 at 1:14am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic