FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

U.S. Army saying Adios to the M9

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2013 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

I like revolvers.

Can't stand them myself. Give me a SA/DA automatic any day of the week. Mind you, I think the NYPD needs to be switched back to .38 police specials, but that's for a different reason....
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2013 at 2:51pm
I'd still wager it is a small percentage of the overall numbers in the US armed forces. And an even smaller percentage of people making the inane rules who have BTDT.
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2013 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by DaveEllis DaveEllis wrote:

Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

I personally dislike Glocks because of this, and the fact that it's never truly "safe" compared to a firearm with redundant safeties. Even my commie PA-63 has a thumb safety with decocker and the soviets were renown for not putting manual safeties on their pistol.

Depending on how you get an M&P, there's no manual safety on them either. Mine is completely devoid of external safeties. The only thing I have is a magazine disconnect, which prevents the gun from firing without a magazine in the well, even if there's a round in the chamber.

There's no de-cocker or anything along those lines.
I used to shy away from anything that lacked safeties, but they're like anything else- if you take the time to practice and learn them, you're going to be just as safe as the guy with safety redundancies.

A magazine disconnect has no place on a duty gun.

I agree. But that's what the dept. uses and it wasn't my decision to make.

In fact, from what I've found, if you want an M&P WITHOUT the disconnect, it has to be specially ordered.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic