Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

barrel legth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rsred712 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsred712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: barrel legth
    Posted: 28 July 2013 at 8:26pm
What does the barrel legth, say you have a longer one what a difference than a shorter one.
Rsred712
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2013 at 7:02pm
Barrel length doesn't have a very noticeable effect on range or accuracy unless you get an exceptionally short or exceptionally long one.  And in most cases, the effect from an exceptionally long/short barrel isn't a good one.

Stick to a 11-14" barrel and you will do fine.
Cyco-Dude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyco-Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2013 at 7:27pm
pretty much what mack said. i like a 12" barrel though, only because tippmann markers are so long.14+ inches and it starts to get a bit unwieldy.

Edited by Cyco-Dude - 20 August 2013 at 7:28pm
NANomaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NANomaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2013 at 7:34pm
Barrel length has always been a question especially to newer players. Most think longer is better, but the perfect all around length is 14"  and always has been. AGD did a study on this years ago and determined (for a high pressure gun) the optimal length to get the ball up to speed would be a controlled bore between 6-10" long.

When some one comes into the shop and asks this, I recommend the CP one piece classic for in 10-12" for high pressure guns (Tippmanns, Spyders, any gun that runs on c02) and 12-14" for guys running low pressure guns as a 14" is optimal and gives most LP guns efficiency gains if the bore is a smaller size/ I usually recommend the .685 over any bore CP sells. For 30.00, you can't beat it and you don't have to shell out 100.00's for a kit.

Funny story, had 2 guys with Phenoms, one bought a J&J edge (nephew) and uncle bought a CP classic. When the nephew would shoot on electro, his gun turned into a blender, not so with the uncle. They traded barrels and the nephew actually shot me in the hand, from a distance of 20 yards, when I was taunting him. He actually sold his J&J kit to some local guy for 50.00 and bought a CP with the money. He has been happy ever since.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic