Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My cat cannot stand upright drink glasses.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My cat cannot stand upright drink glasses.
    Posted: 27 July 2013 at 5:22pm
Back in February I came into owning a cat. As you will remember, I've previously been known to steal a cat or two from my downstairs neighbors thinking they were strays, but this one I actually own. 

Back in February, my mom's outdoor cat, which she'd been taking care of for about a year, didn't come home for a week. She eventually found him leaned against a neighbor's house with a wound on his side that had swollen up to about the size of a golf ball. He was dehydrated and almost dead. 

She scooped him up and brought him to the vet. They did a blood test and found out he had FIV (Or "feline AIDS" in slang terms), and probably been bitten on his side and the wound had gotten infected. The vets pumped him full of antibiotics and painkiller and he eventually got better, minus adding a skin infection to the mix about a week after he was walking again. 

The vet said he was OK, but he'd need to live indoors from now on in order to avoid infections and infecting other cats. My mom couldn't keep him in the house because of the dachshunds, so it was either with me or at a no-kill shelter. 

So, what the hell, I took him. 

Now he lives a life of sleeping on my sofa and slapping me in the face at 6 a.m. because he wants breakfast. 

This being the first cat I've owned, the weirdest thing I've noticed is that he HATES upright drinking glasses. If he sees one, he will run to it and slap it over. He doesn't even seem to care what's in the glass, he doesn't try to drink it, he just hates the concept of it being upright. 

If I set one on a table, he'll run to it and knock it over. If I move it, he'll chase it down or find it. If I hold it in my hand, he'll meow at it or climb on me to paw at it, trying to pull it from my hand. 

I set this glass on a bookshelf and he sat there below it, meowing at it because he couldn't get to it to knock it over. 

Why. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 27 July 2013 at 5:23pm
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2013 at 7:09pm
Haha, that expression. "It's just you and me now, upright glass bastard."
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2013 at 9:04pm
Your mom is an alcoholic and puts all her alcohol beverages in cups. She abused the cat and the cat figured that the substance in the cups causes her to be mean. The cat now takes it upon himself to avoid getting abused by knocking out all liquids in the cups.

No offense in this radical assumption.

Or the cat is a jerk and knows this makes people mad. Ya, that's probably why.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2013 at 10:12pm
This thread kind of reminds me of some generalizations in the linguistics community regarding the mental capacities of animals.   Obviously he associates the glass with his own reflection
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2013 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

Your mom is an alcoholic and puts all her alcohol beverages in cups. She abused the cat and the cat figured that the substance in the cups causes her to be mean. The cat now takes it upon himself to avoid getting abused by knocking out all liquids in the cups.

It would explain his joint dislike of upright beer cans. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4958565957575&l=79503267697375753

Edited by agentwhale007 - 27 July 2013 at 10:19pm
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2013 at 10:27pm
Maybe they look like mini heavy bags
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 12:04am
My assumption is gaining evidence.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 1:31am
What a dick.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2013 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

What a dick.

As are all cats. This is his only motivation.
Que pasa?

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2013 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

What a dick.

As are all cats. This is his only motivation.

Jmac3 and I have found something we can agree on.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2014 at 5:35pm
Yes, it's a bit of a necropost, but it's relevant.  And funny.  

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic