FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

interview

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: interview
    Posted: 25 July 2013 at 12:49pm
So I have an impromptu interview today.
My supervisor told me to go to a panel today.
If I do well I will finally be out of MFG and be a Process Engineer Technician... and finally make some real money.
I don't really qualify per-se, but I have good recommendations from the people I'd be working under.

Wish me luck guys, I need this move up bad.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2013 at 1:18pm
Best of luck. As someone who made lateral move after lateral move, I know where you are right now. 

Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2013 at 4:37pm
Well, I think it went ok. I guess I'll find out next week.
The majority of the panel were a bit put offf by my lack of a degree, but the lead engineer kind of brushed that off, stating that "because of the people who referred you, I can tell you're intelligent enough...".
I did put my foot in my mou th a bit when asked about multi-tasking (the correct response was "try to complete tasks w/o multitasking," NOT "I excel at dealing with multiple, sometimes conflicting deadlines").
Just hoping my references pull through for me.
This would be the jump from the top of one ladder to the bottom of the next, and finally break through this glass-ceiling I put myself under by being arrogant enough to think I didn't need a degree.
Nothing like doing things the hard way.....
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2013 at 5:59pm
Lol, holding thumbs, hope it works out!

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2013 at 11:21pm
You have many of the lucks I have to give. I hope ur not bein lied tah. 

I'm applying for jobs now, which is a thing. Applications getting blasted out to U Maine, West Texas A&M, Rider University, University of South Alabama, and Quinnipiac University.   

The first of which is my best option, as they're hiring for someone to split time teaching in the college of communication and mentoring undergraduates in the honors college. Most of my experience here comes from mentoring students. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2013 at 11:27pm
good luck!  I applied for a job at our head office, one of the requirements was an engineering degree or equivalent.  I had a GED, long story short, I got the job. Sounds like you did a great job in your interview.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2013 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

U Maine

Lol be prepared to get behind the slowest drivers in the lower 48. In their defense, the Maine state troopers are pretty merciless. Nice people though, a lot nicer than Floridians.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 12:15am
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

a lot nicer than Floridians.

That's not the most difficult threshold to cross. 

Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 7:52am
Best of luck Bunkered - hope it works out.

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

You have many of the lucks I have to give. I hope ur not bein lied tah. 

I'm applying for jobs now, which is a thing. Applications getting blasted out to U Maine, West Texas A&M, Rider University, University of South Alabama, and Quinnipiac University.   

The first of which is my best option, as they're hiring for someone to split time teaching in the college of communication and mentoring undergraduates in the honors college. Most of my experience here comes from mentoring students. 

Let me know if you end up at Quinnipiac.  I'll come visit for beers and s'mores.
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 8:12am
Hope it works out for you.  I haven't done any kind of interview since 2008. Tongue
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 2:55pm
I had my first real job interview in years last week and I thought it went amazing ...until they turned me down for being OVERqualified.

How the hell am I overqualified for a job that pays more than my last one?
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

I had my first real job interview in years last week and I thought it went amazing ...until they turned me down for being OVERqualified.

That's a piss-off. Almost should be illegal.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 9:59pm

Illegal? Someone who is overqualified is probably much more likely to jump ship for a better position as the economy improves as opposed to someone who would be unable to do so.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 11:16pm
It probably is illegal in Canada.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Illegal? Someone who is overqualified is probably much more likely to jump ship for a better position as the economy improves as opposed to someone who would be unable to do so.

He just said it was an improvement over his last job. How far do you have to go up the chain before you're unqualified?

Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

It probably is illegal in Canada.

It isn't, I was just raging.

Edited by Rofl_Mao - 26 July 2013 at 11:58pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2013 at 4:42pm
I got my first job interview scheduled today. Ohio Northern University told me I am one of their top candidates for the spot, so that's neat. 

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2013 at 8:32pm
Good luck folks. I'm interviewing at two different places right now, one in NYC and one in SF. Pretty happy either way.
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2013 at 12:53am
The reality of an actual Regs meet up event is slowly coming to fruition.

Edited by *Stealth* - 31 July 2013 at 12:52pm
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2013 at 8:45am
Go to rider. We'll get beers with jerseypaint and ceesman if they want to. Choop if he's in NYC.
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2013 at 9:17am
I propose we plan a regs meetup sometime in early November 2014.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic