FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

interview

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2013 at 11:21pm
You have many of the lucks I have to give. I hope ur not bein lied tah. 

I'm applying for jobs now, which is a thing. Applications getting blasted out to U Maine, West Texas A&M, Rider University, University of South Alabama, and Quinnipiac University.   

The first of which is my best option, as they're hiring for someone to split time teaching in the college of communication and mentoring undergraduates in the honors college. Most of my experience here comes from mentoring students. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2013 at 5:59pm
Lol, holding thumbs, hope it works out!

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2013 at 4:37pm
Well, I think it went ok. I guess I'll find out next week.
The majority of the panel were a bit put offf by my lack of a degree, but the lead engineer kind of brushed that off, stating that "because of the people who referred you, I can tell you're intelligent enough...".
I did put my foot in my mou th a bit when asked about multi-tasking (the correct response was "try to complete tasks w/o multitasking," NOT "I excel at dealing with multiple, sometimes conflicting deadlines").
Just hoping my references pull through for me.
This would be the jump from the top of one ladder to the bottom of the next, and finally break through this glass-ceiling I put myself under by being arrogant enough to think I didn't need a degree.
Nothing like doing things the hard way.....
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2013 at 1:18pm
Best of luck. As someone who made lateral move after lateral move, I know where you are right now. 

Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2013 at 12:49pm
So I have an impromptu interview today.
My supervisor told me to go to a panel today.
If I do well I will finally be out of MFG and be a Process Engineer Technician... and finally make some real money.
I don't really qualify per-se, but I have good recommendations from the people I'd be working under.

Wish me luck guys, I need this move up bad.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic