FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2013 at 1:10am
I loved my single speed bike when I was a kid. The kind that if you peddle backwards, it acted like a brake. I think that's what you are not doing? It was fun and fast and never gave me problems.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2013 at 12:55am
Well since people are posting new purchases, and I'm slacking on my posts here, I'll share mine. I decided to work on a bike, because I need a hobby and I need to bike more, so it's a win win. I already have a 10 speed that I like, so I decided to make a single speed for simplicity, not having to deal with shifters, multiple gears, the deraileur, etc. I'm going freewheel, not fixed, because I think I'd kill myself in Seattle.

So I was looking for either a frame, or a single speed and I sort of found a middle ground, and unfinished single speed:

I also just found a place where I can afford to get it powder coated this upcoming week, just need to finalize on the colours I want.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic