Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Help with Response Trigger

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Axeman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Axeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Help with Response Trigger
    Posted: 05 July 2013 at 10:45pm
Well, I have installed the response trigger on my Tippmann 98 Custom as the instructions say. Everything is in place the way it shows. Well, when I go to fire it, I can.... but the piston does not pop out like it is suppose to. What is this problem caused by? I can fire the gun as if it didn't have the response trigger but I have the piston and all the kit parts in. Can anyone help me with this and tell me what I need to adjust?Dead
spydercam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2013 at 1:10pm
If there is no leak(check hose, Orings at fitings?) in the RT-Connections may the ajusting screw is completly inside so it canīt fill the piston !!! Turn out for max. Response !!! (Very small screw where the hose get in the grip area)

I like Tippmann !!!
Gigglez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigglez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2013 at 9:37am
Make sure the fitting that goes in the removed banjo port is tight, if you hear and leaks from it when gassed up use some thread tape or loctite to secure it. Secondly make sure the gas regulating fitting on the reverse side of your bolt is secured, meaning the large nut looking portion is tightened in by hand or with a wrench wrapped with a dish rag. DO NOT try to tighten the gas regulating fitting by the flathead screwdriver micro adjuster on top or you risk stripping the micro adjuster, instead like I said do it by hand or with a wrench with a rag. Additionally dont over-tighten the banjo port fitting because you may crack your power tube which will be a sad day. 

Once you know your fittings are snug, finagle with your micro adjuster to try and find the sweetspot. If you still are having problems you should hear a leak somewhere, whether its your power tube, a loose fitting, or the rubber hose.

Hope this helps.
TippmannEmployee1 View Drop Down
Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Tippmann Sports Staff / Marker Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2013 at 1:36pm
Make sure all the fittings are tight.  You can test for a leak in the system by airing up the marker, screwing the adjuster screw all the way in & firing the marker.  If the trigger gets very hard to pull then there are no leaks in the system.  You will not hear any leaks since the Response Trigger operates only when the marker is fired.  Watch this video on how to tune the Response Trigger.  

http://youtu.be/xGpaIgpOc7E

If it still doesn't work then contact our service department for more help.  Call 800 533-4831
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic