Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New job

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New job
    Posted: 26 June 2013 at 5:29pm
A couple of months ago I quit my first job out of college and moved 1,500 miles west to Logan, UT where the girlfriend found a job last August.  I didn't have a job lined up so I spent a few months working part time as a Substitute Teacher in the area while continually looking for a career in my field.  Well, last week I officially accepted a job as a Manufacturing Engineer for Northrop Grumman.  I'm really excited for this opportunity and start in a few weeks.  I'll be working mainly with spare parts for the F5.

Edited by pntbl freak - 27 June 2013 at 4:00pm
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 9:04pm
Good gig. Weapons are always in demand.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 9:42pm
Very cool!

I'm learning hard lessons about the job market in my area. Mostly that it sucks :P
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 9:50pm
Congrats man, sounds like a really cool thing to be involved in. I accepted my first real grown-up job today too. 
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:01pm
Congrats! What's your major again? ME?
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:06am
Wow! Congrats man!
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:23am
I just got promoted to full time status for the first time.

Look at the forum growing up :)
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
DaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
back from the dead like Tupac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:42am
Are you relocating for NG?
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 1:21am
I'm realizing that I should have done something differently in school because I realized that after I got a nice paying job out of school, there's nowhere to go afterwards.  Should have stuck with the family tradition of accounting/finance.
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 2:13am
Congrats, sounds like a nice gig. 

I too have been successful in my post college life.  T&O has come a long way in the past 8 or so years. 
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 5:36am
So there are subbing jobs in Utah? Might need to go that way when I get out of the ROK
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 11:54am
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Very cool!

I'm learning hard lessons about the job market in my area. Mostly that it sucks :P

If it makes you feel any better, its like that a lot of places..
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Congrats! What's your major again? ME?

Industrial.  Plus I spent two years as a Production Engineer where I mostly dealt with bringing a new plant online and day to day operations in the assembly area.

Originally posted by DaveEllis DaveEllis wrote:

Are you relocating for NG?

No.  The office is 40-45 minutes away from where I live right now.  It's a very easy, scenic drive through the mountains.   Eventually, I might try to move closer.

Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

So there are subbing jobs in Utah? Might need to go that way when I get out of the ROK

Yeah I had no problem finding a substitute job.  They do it through Kelly Services and all the teachers will post openings on a website when the need a sub.  Its first come first serve unless a teacher requests you.

Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Very cool!

If it makes you feel any better, its like that a lot of places..

This.  I moved out to Utah in February and it took until now to get an offer in my field.  I basically applied to anything that was somewhat related to my skills for a couple of months.  I even applied to postings that required more experience then I had just to try and get in somewhere.  Had to do the same thing for a few months after I graduated too.  Just keep plugging away at it.

And...Congrats to everyone else who has accepted a job/been promoted recently!

Edited by pntbl freak - 27 June 2013 at 4:00pm
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 3:42pm
I get that you're an engineer and all, but for the love of god, man!  ACCEPTED.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

I get that you're an engineer and all, but for the love of god, man!  ACCEPTED.

LOL.  I didn't notice. Pinch

Edited by pntbl freak - 27 June 2013 at 4:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic