FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Xbox One

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xbox One
    Posted: 13 June 2013 at 6:27pm
Didn't bother trying to find the other post, but I thought this article does a good job of countering some of the negative press surrounding the XB1.

The only problem with the cloud based stuff is that it's incredibly inaccessible to people such as myself who live in areas where the only Internet option is DSL. Hell, I have to force Netflix to rebuffer through Silverlight if I want a remotely watchable experience, and BF3 patches are an a day affair.

I think MS has underestimated the sheer number of people who have limited Internet access and are unswayed by a lot of these features.

However, while Sony certainly has the consumer in their pocket right now, MS is attracting publishers and if the Dreamcast taught us anything it's that a console lives and dies by third party support.
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2013 at 7:12pm
Sony destroyed Microsoft at E3.  Instead of the 2 hour press conference, they could have just said "100 dollars cheaper and you can play used games" and they would have won over most people.  Sony is now required Playstation Plus to play mutliplayer games but that costs $50 a year.  However, it is not required if you want to just watch Netflix and Hulu.

Microsoft also isn't allowing "indie developers" to publish games on the Xbox.  They are required to go through certain publishers and I think that will cause some people to choose PS4. 

I can think of zero reasons to get the One over the PS4 besides exclusives.

Also...http://i.imgur.com/ZWK5YzZ.png

Edited by pntbl freak - 13 June 2013 at 7:29pm
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2013 at 9:03pm
That wiki article made me laugh pretty hard.

Yeah, I agree I'll be investing in the PS4. Microsoft has done everything it could to alienate its fans and, as far as I'm concerned, needs to do some PR restructuring ASAP.

This is going to get me flamed, but they've become the Apple of the gaming industry (which is pretty much their goal)
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2013 at 10:29pm
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2013 at 11:46pm
I'm pretty much done with consoles forever. I'm in the midst of building a gaming rig and I couldn't be happier.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2013 at 3:24am
I like the plug and play ability of a console.

But that being said I've just replaced my router and my PS3 is giving me all kinds of hassles, from not being able to connect to the store to not being ale to download the update for Black Ops 2.

My pc is running internet games just fine........

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2013 at 5:34am
Sucks for you guys. Last game I bought was Minecraft when this forum had it's own server. Newest console I have is a Wii which I got for Christmas at least 5-6 years ago. 

How often do I play games? Almost never. Such a waste of time. But, I do love when I get together with a couple of friends and play smash bros or mario kart.

I think the whole xbox one vs PS4 is funny. I'm sure their statistics show that enough people are going to have an internet connection. How often do you guys resell games? One reason I don't play videogames anymore is because the prices are ridiculous. I know used games are cheaper, but I can probably say I have only bought 2 used games ever across N64,GC, Xbox, and Wii.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
stick_boy_2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Not 1 language strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2013 at 8:19am
the whole thing didnt really start to bother me untill i heard i would have to log on once a day. i dont play just XBOX, i have a PC as well, so sometimes i just get around to turning on the box every day. also going with PS4 because of the peer pressure factor. i dont know that many people that play PC, and lets face it, most games are horribly boring to play by your self.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2013 at 5:32pm
I don't buy second hand games, but I often trade my games in on a new release. Something you won't be able to do if the 2nd hand market is dead.....

While things like the internet connection being a staple in large parts of the world, there are other parts that don't have as good or as many connections. While the market for the consoles won't be as good in those areas either, some will be bought.

KBK
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2013 at 7:49pm
I'm definitely leaning PS4
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2013 at 8:22pm
Since the girlfriend and I have two PS3's I took one into GameStop today to see what it was worth. They gave me $110 for it and an extra 30% if I put money towards a future title. I ended up putting 45 dollars towards GTA 5 and reserving a PS4.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2013 at 9:37am
I always just wait for a few months after launch to see what system winds up having the better titles and best reception. The prices come down after the break, or you can just buy used. There winds up being a good catalog of games available, and all the bugs have been worked out. Shoot, I didn't even buy my 360, got it as a wedding present. What's more, it's tough for me to justify the kind of money they're asking these days for a console when I could put that same money into my PC and have a screaming gaming rig.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2013 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by stick_boy_2002 stick_boy_2002 wrote:

the whole thing didnt really start to bother me untill i heard i would have to log on once a day. i dont play just XBOX, i have a PC as well, so sometimes i just get around to turning on the box every day. also going with PS4 because of the peer pressure factor. i dont know that many people that play PC, and lets face it, most games are horribly boring to play by your self.

See, I don't see gaming as a social experience. I do like playing CoD with my friends, but otherwise I prefer single player games.

Naughty Dog, Rockstar, and Bethesda have put out some of my favorite gaming experiences. Halo and CoD were more of a time waster (I didn't even play the last Halo game.)
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2013 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Originally posted by stick_boy_2002 stick_boy_2002 wrote:

See, I don't see gaming as a social experience. I do like playing CoD with my friends, but otherwise I prefer single player games.

Naughty Dog, Rockstar, and Bethesda have put out some of my favorite gaming experiences. Halo and CoD were more of a time waster (I didn't even play the last Halo game.)
This.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2013 at 11:58pm
The Playstation 4 is literally better in every way. It's the hands down winner this round.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2013 at 4:55am
I've logged more hours in Fallout 3 and Vegas than I have in COD, BF3, Syndicate and MOH.

Some days I get bored telling 13 year olds playing 16+ rated games that their female parental units fornicate with equines. Then it's SP player games all the way. And not 5 minute "campaigns" bolted on to multiplayer games, immersive sandbox games.

KBK
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2013 at 5:00am
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

I've logged more hours in Fallout 3 and Vegas than I have in COD, BF3, Syndicate and MOH.

Some days I get bored telling 13 year olds playing 16+ rated games that their female parental units fornicate with equines. 

That's when you move on to their fathers. The possibilities are endless.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2013 at 5:04am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWJD8DMasCU

On the other hand.....
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2013 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWJD8DMasCU

On the other hand.....

Oh my God. /want
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2013 at 12:41pm
Anyone with a PS3 pick up The Last of Us?  I highly suggest it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic