Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Customize Project Salvo To Sniper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shnuff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shnuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Customize Project Salvo To Sniper
    Posted: 13 June 2013 at 5:57pm
Can anyone help me trick it out? like what parts should i get. i would be looking to spend around 100-200$.
I need a 
-Scope
-Bipod
-Barrel

so i am asking for exact brands for something that would fit the 100-200 $ range. I also would like 2 other things. i will buy them eventually but suggestions would be helpful.
i need
-camera
-hopper for a sniper
Nj Paintballer
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2013 at 8:58pm
Scopes and bipods are cool looking but not useful. They just add weight to your marker. Consider a 12-14 inch J&J or Lapco barrel. Some of the members here will also recommend Apex tips on barrels.  Anyone of the barrels or tips I mentioned start around $30.  Consider spending the money you had saved from not buying a scope and bipod on a HPA tank.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2013 at 10:52am
If you're looking to upgrade your marker to the 'sniper' setup for looks- there's any number of sites out there that will have what you need. Don't expect these aesthetic upgrades to make your marker the super-accurate sniper rifle that you may be imagining. Keep in mind, that even with an excellent aftermarket barrel (like the J&J mentioned above) you're still shooting a lightweight, liquid-filled projectile from a smooth bore, which doesn't lend itself to great accuracy at distance.
Some guys swear by the apex barrels and flatlines for greater distances, but I've seen the videos they post online claiming to 'snipe' their opponents, and I've had the same amount of success without them. Develop skills, don't rely on equipment to get your distances.

With that being said, a scope is great to look at, but it isn't going to be a very useful piece of equipment. There are tons of options out there for red-dot sights, and whatnot which will do all you need them to.

I have no experience with putting a bipod on a marker, I never sat still long enough for it to be necessary or useful.

Again, if you're looking for 'the look' then shop around a bit online, there's tons of retailers out there who will help you out.

Edited by Reb Cpl - 14 June 2013 at 10:52am

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic