Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cyclone + R/T on older 98 (non-Platinum)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nonja121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nonja121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cyclone + R/T on older 98 (non-Platinum)
    Posted: 10 June 2013 at 12:42am
I have a used older 98 Custom (non- Platinum, possibly non-Pro?) and I am looking to upgrade to a response trigger and cyclone feed. However, I am a little confused about how to install the parts included in the Cyclone RT adapter. I understand the need for the banjo fitting. But how hard is it to install the other parts? How hard does this make cleaning/maintenance/disassembly? Also, I've heard that the hammer/some other parts might need to be replaced to reduce recoil as the parts in the older 98s are a little heavier; is there any truth to this?

Also, is it worth just biting the bullet and buying a new 98 Custom Platinum or even an A5? I know that the 98 got a huge redesign for easy stripping with the Platinum series, and I'd love to not have to worry about my front sight spring flying out whenever I disassemble my marker. But I'd feel really dumb and wasteful buying the same marker after a year of use. (I didn't do my homework as thoroughly as I should have before I made my first purchase.)

Sorry if this has been answered ad nauseum, but I wasn't able to find any YouTube videos that described the process with anything more than a dismissive "you're gonna need a few other parts" as they installed onto a Platinum Series. I tried a search on the forums, but didn't pull up anything. Please share any links to previous threads or YouTube videos if they answer my question. 

Lastly, I'm not considering an E-Grip or electronic hopper. I want to not have to worry about water/rain like my friends who have electronic markers/hoppers. 

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by nonja121 - 10 June 2013 at 12:44am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic