FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

indecision

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stick_boy_2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Not 1 language strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: indecision
    Posted: 29 May 2013 at 4:03pm
Well ive had a running "gun fund" were I put about $20 away every paycheck or so, but ive been struck by indecision on what i want to buy next. its pretty much a 3 way tie between buying a FN Five seven, piecing togeter a remingtion 700, or an M14. thoughts?
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 4:28pm
The FiveSeven is neat, and definitely something cool to say you have if that's big to you. But do you really want a gun chambered in such an odd caliber? It's really only going to be beneficial if you're worried about body armored attackers, or if you really just want to be able to shoot paper with an exotic caliber. I think ammo cost compared to other handgun calibers would be an issue here, though I haven't looked at it's cost.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 4:42pm
M14.  .308.  Semi-auto.  
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 8:20pm
M1A
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 9:22pm
Depending on caliber, Rem 700. I thoroughly enjoy my dad's 223 Ruger M77 bolt action. I know, boo-hiss poodle shooter 223, but the fun to money ratio can't be beat.

M1A's are cool beans and I want one, but I know I'll kill ammo fast.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 2:03am
If you want a Five-seveN, look at the PMR-30 from Kel-Tec. It isn't as fancy pants as the 5.7mm, but in .22WMR it'll have very similar ballistics and be much MUCH cheaper to run. And cost around $1000 less.....

KBK

Edited by Kayback - 30 May 2013 at 2:05am
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 2:14am
I have a Remington 700.

In my area, this is this the breakdown-

Remington 700 Varmint in 308 (cheapest way to get a good, bull barrell 308 with a nice wood stock)-$800

FN 5.7 - $1000

M1A (wood stock, adjustable trigger)-$1500

Quite a price jump from the 700 to the M1A. If you have the cash, M1A all the way in my opinion. My 700 is great but in the end it's just a bolt action rifle with a heavy ass barrel that you really don't need. The Five Seven is just a polymer pistol with a high velocity round, nothing special. An M1A is a magnificent automatic rifle, the finest you can buy in my humble opinion. Not even a contest .

So I would forget the FN and decide between the cheaper, bolt action .308 and the more expensive automatic. I will say that, having shot quite a few rounds out of both, I'd trade my 700 for an M1 any day.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 9:00am
M1A. I never regretted at any time buying my M1A and recommend it to anyone considering buying one. Save your money because the prices. 
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 12:27am
Inb4 tallen and an FAL.
ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2013 at 11:54pm
M14.  Build a DMR.
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2013 at 4:15am
M1A (M-14) only way to go. Keep it stock, no need for bobbles and whistles at 400m you are a killer with stock iron sights, 800m still doable. We are having issues acquiring 7.62X51 NATO ball though, mine does not like anything but FMJ.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2013 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

M1A (M-14) only way to go. Keep it stock, no need for bobbles and whistles at 400m you are a killer with stock iron sights, 800m still doable. We are having issues acquiring 7.62X51 NATO ball though, mine does not like anything but FMJ.
This and then some
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic