Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann X7 Phenom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
goodboya View Drop Down

Now it's goodbye!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodboya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippmann X7 Phenom
    Posted: 26 March 2014 at 8:06am
see ya!

Edited by Mack - 27 March 2014 at 10:36am
Subhuman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subhuman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2013 at 5:45am

After resetting the laser and pushed the air to absolute maximum. I clamped the marker down and started testing with solid balls. The balls where a snug fit and started testing. The grouping is acceptable as all the balls hit well within a 5cm radius at a distance of about 10 meters.

The grouping is acceptable because it will do a good job hitting centre mass.  

Area was enclosed so no wind factor, temperature was about 20 degrees Celsius. The solid balls temperature will very as the gas does have a massive cooling effect.

So no it is not pinpoint... and in my opinion the standard barrel is actually not bad at all considering the cost of the upgrade and performance.

Will I continue to upgrade? No... Having a cooler looking marker for show and tell is not my motivator. I want performance, accuracy and function...

This is why I decided on the Tippmann X7 Phenom... Standard it was the best performer.

A world apart
findd3gold View Drop Down

Hint - It's somewhere else

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote findd3gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 2:22am
Nobody likes me and my momma dresses me funny!

Edited by Mack - 06 June 2013 at 6:52pm
Subhuman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subhuman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Parts Tech Parts Tech wrote:

I know many happy users of the flatline barrel on the X7.  I am not familiar a "known issue" when using the flatline on the X7.  The problem is most likely the paintballs.  I am not familiar with the brand you are using.  The inside of the barrel is not supposed to be polished.  Balls are supposed to roll in the barrel.  If it was polished, the balls would slide.  (Also if the paintballs are oily.)

Check how the paintballs break when you drop them onto a hard surface. (they should not break much from waist height.)
You may have an alignment issue with the barrel on the gun.  Make sure it is in all the way.

Thank you, Clap

I nearly made a mistake as I was about to polish it. I refitted the barrel as instructed on YouTube, I hope to see some improvement. I will use solids to test as they take out a lot of variables. I will check to see, if there are other paints available within a reasonable cost range.

thank you again for your help and info
A world apart
Parts Tech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Parts Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 5:27pm
I know many happy users of the flatline barrel on the X7.  I am not familiar a "known issue" when using the flatline on the X7.  The problem is most likely the paintballs.  I am not familiar with the brand you are using.  The inside of the barrel is not supposed to be polished.  Balls are supposed to roll in the barrel.  If it was polished, the balls would slide.  (Also if the paintballs are oily.)

Check how the paintballs break when you drop them onto a hard surface. (they should not break much from waist height.)
You may have an alignment issue with the barrel on the gun.  Make sure it is in all the way.
Tech at TippmannParts.com
We do everything Tippmann
Subhuman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subhuman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 6:44am
I did a bit of Googling and found that I am not the only one with this problem, the problem dates back to 2010 and it seems that both the x7 and x7 Phenom are affected. it is said the only upgrade that actually works is the A5 series.

So I think its time to move on. Clearly no solution was presented in any of the other forums and so on. A lot of people noted that they got no feedback at all.

So I guess it is case closed.

That said as other people also noted rather not upgrade to much... It is a pity it is such a good marker and the mods look cool. 

Cheers Stern Smile
A world apart
Subhuman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subhuman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 8:09am
Hi  impulse418

1. What kind of paint were you using?
Product I used of my test  was Safcaps Slasher paint balls.

2. How fresh was the paint?
Well I don't know how fresh it is? But the store owner gets in new boxes almost every week. So I guess it is as good as I am going to get.

3. What was the temperature? Ok it was mid day so about 23 Degrees Celsius give or take. That said the barrel gets rather cold thanks to the gas rushing trough it so really a lot of variables to consider.

4. Did you have a proper ball to bore match? Ok here I have to say not every paintball is perfect. Some fall right tough the barrel others is a snug fit I tested 3 variables to make sure I give you the best feedback I can. The one that falls trough do not pop... The ones that is a snug fit goes trough without any real problem. The third ball I found in the pack was slightly oval. Out of the oval one's I tested I got 1 to pop.

However I changed to a no-name brand solid ball. The one's you get in the clear pack. As far as I can tell they are all perfectly round and is a snug fit. Test concluded that the balls goes all over the place no real accuracy. These sold balls will take out a few variables.

Hope the Info helps.  

Edited by Subhuman - 18 May 2013 at 8:10am
A world apart
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 4:34am
1. What kind of paint were you using?

2. How fresh was the paint?

3. What was the temperature?

4. Did you have a proper ball to bore match?
Subhuman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subhuman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 8:11am
Hi people, thank you for having me on your Forum.

Sadly I have to start my first post negatively and it really is not my stile. Firstly let me say your Tippmann X7 Phenom out of the box is really such a good marker, I am impressed and very happy with it.

Now for the bad part Dead

Your Flat-line barrel looks so good but it shoot so badly that i had to remove it. Really it shoots paint all over and pop paint balls like there is no tomorrow. My Tippmann was set on a lonely 150 Fps and I used the highest quality paintball I could find. It popped the balls and it was all over the target. I set it up to 300 Fps and the results was me crying like a little girl Cry

It is an expensive upgrade and looks so cool and sadly I cannot "CANNOT" believe the poor quality... The inside is unpolished and just looks well not very nice... I will be making a YouTube soon where I will bench the Flat-line against a standard barrel and let you be the judge. I will also be using a small camera to show you the inside of the barrel and let you be the judge.

I am really sorry that this had to be my first post about your Product but I rather give you the truth so that you can improve on your design...

Again My tippmann Marker is second to none if you leave it standard "out of the box"

Checklist:
I made sure the Barrel is correctly fitted to the adapter for the Phenom.  
I did not dent the Barrel with the little screw that was provided.
I did fit it to the marker correctly.
Was tested on 150 Fps
Was tested on 300 Fps
Both tests was in-house

Poor polish worked was noted when I took it out of the box.
All tests was done from a fixed bench "for testing"

Edited by Subhuman - 15 May 2013 at 8:14am
A world apart
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic