Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Okay, you guys are smarter than me....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

The costs of ya'lls academy in general shocks me. I can't believe they charge sponsored recruits anything other than uniform costs. 

Hope it all works out for you though Reb. 
I dunno.  My buddy had to pay $3000 for his academy 20 years ago AND he had to pay for his equipment (boots, belt(s), keepers, holsters for pistol, gas and cuffs).  The only thing he didn't have to pay for was the vest.  In some respects, I still kick myself for screwing up one of the best shots at getting into the academy for free.  The local department was so desperate to get recruits, I was going to go for free and at starting pay of $15/hr.  If I hadn't messed up the dummy drag, I'd have made it to the academy.  But, in hindsite after seeing what happened in that department, I'm glad I didn't make it.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Got called into the Academy Director's office tonight.

Took a rare win! Someone acknowledged the foul up and is issuing refunds to those of who are sponsored and sworn. That refund is going to the respective departments, and sent BACK to the college from them, qualifying us for the tuition break.

So I'm no longer on the hook for another 2K. The killer is, if I hadn't raised hell about it, nobody would have said anything, and the college would have walked away with the extra tuition money from the three of us, since the other two already paid the tuition in full.

It was a strange thing to hear the AD tell me "You were right." and lay out the situation exactly as I wanted it to go.

I think the other two recruits OWE you big.  You at least deserve "motorboat" priveleges upon request from the female.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

I think the other two recruits OWE you big.  You at least deserve "motorboat" priveleges upon request from the female.

Hey, he's a rebel, he lives on the edge . . . he doesn't care who he has the motorboat privileges from.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 4:30pm
Congrats on the victory. Shake some hands. Let 'em know you appreciate the acknowledgement that there was a mess up. Subliminal butt kissery is the best butt kissery.

Edited by DeTrevni - 18 May 2013 at 4:31pm
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

Hey, he's a rebel, he lives on the edge . . . he doesn't care who he has the motorboat privileges from.

If you're a big fat man, he's a booby fan, and he'd love to see yours too.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 10:28am

Took a rare win! Someone acknowledged the foul up and is issuing refunds to those of who are sponsored and sworn. That refund is going to the respective departments, and sent BACK to the college from them, qualifying us for the tuition break.

So I'm no longer on the hook for another 2K. The killer is, if I hadn't raised hell about it, nobody would have said anything, and the college would have walked away with the extra tuition money from the three of us, since the other two already paid the tuition in full.

It was a strange thing to hear the AD tell me "You were right." and lay out the situation exactly as I wanted it to go.

As I said, it was probably a test. Something tells me you're going to wind up on the IA squad due to your fine internal whistle-blowing skillz! ;)

Good job sticking to your guns buddy! Glad to hear it all worked out.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 10:52am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

As I said, it was probably a test. Something tells me you're going to wind up on the IA squad due to your fine internal whistle-blowing skillz! ;)

Good job sticking to your guns buddy! Glad to hear it all worked out.

I don't think the people I'm dealing with are coordinated enough to orchestrate a test of that magnitude. I'd like to think they WERE, but in all likelihood, it was more like:

A. College 'left out' the pertinant information in an attempt to collect 6K more in tuition money
B. An actual error in communication somewhere along the line.

If it WAS a test, I went ahead and cheesed off a few people who probably didn't know anything about it.
As for working IA, that's never a permanent placement anyway, and you get assigned there for 'x' amount of time, because nobody wants it. Up to and including me.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic