FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Okay, you guys are smarter than me....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 5:45pm
Yeah that's pretty poor. 

I take it these different parties don't have very good direct communication then, I would talk to everyone in the process step by step until you find where the break in the chain is. Then proceed to bollock the person responsible. I don't know the process so it's difficult but If you get it narrowed down to one guy telling porkies/neglecting to do his job then you have it nailed. A good dousing of "I am dissapoint" and colourful language should sort it.

Definitely sounds like they agreed to sell you a horse so It's really down to the first point of contact to sort/ communicate the process for you.

With funding etc there must be a legit paper trail (meeting minutes, letter of acceptance/sponsorship grant or humorous limericks scrawled in toilets) which shows intention of the people responsible for the funding.  Your agreement really started with the town/department so just demand they take ownership and get it dealt with. That's your kids dinner there messing with.

Did the Academy/college not know that this is how you intended to pay for the course? I would think it's noted in your application etc So they should be able to cut some slack for you considering I guess you would have named the town/dept on your paperwork. Did you even at any time even think it was not crystal clear to everyone how the funding was working?

It might be the unrelated parties can't be arsed waiting for the others to sort their stuff out so if the college guys are dicks you'll often need to cough up and claim reimbursement later.  Which from what I can see will be no problem whatsoever as you've got an agreement and 6 weeks should be plenty time to get a plan in place and money paid.

To be fair it seems from the summary of conversations you gave that everyone is indeed doing what they should be doing but a bit slower than it could be. Keep everyone in the loop as well. If you show that you are working to fix this then the college should hopefully take you on face value and make arrangements.

I've went on a ramble but to sum up it's a breakdown in communication. If you want this sorted then you might want to do the communicating yourself after shouting at people at each step then passing what they say they'll do to the guy at the next step thus turning it into his problem.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 8:02am
Soooo, exactly what did the department think "sponsor" meant?????
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 7:20am
I'm being told by everyone that this is a "Oh well, too bad." situation.

So because someone else failed to articulate some of the details, I'm supposed to cough up $2K? I'm pretty pissed about it.
I have no trouble owning up and paying for my mistakes, but this is literally me paying for someone else's.

Skinhat indeed.

*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 2:14pm
Skinhat?

Edited by *Stealth* - 13 May 2013 at 2:14pm
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 1:57pm
Do what he said.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 1:07pm
If it were me, I'd set up a meeting between all three and have them hammer it out be it in person or a conference call. Stay on them until it gets paid. But don't shell out yourself.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 12:39pm
I need a few brain-waves sent this way because I'm at a loss.

Before I joined the Academy, the town I live in, and their department decided to sponsor me, which was great, because tuition went form $4400 to $2100.
I was told that I was responsible for that $2100, which I agreed to, and paid it.

A few weeks ago, I get a message from the college....wanting the rest of it.

Essentially what happened, is nobody told the DEPARTMENT that THEY had to be the ones to pay that $2100. Basically, I give them the $$ and they cut a check with it to the college.

Now, I know that the department didn't know this because one of the other guys in the class is in the same boat, and he's sponsored by a different department - meaning it was articulated to NEITHER department that they were the ones the $$ was supposed to come from.

Somewhere along the lines, communication broke down, and I'm having to pay for it.
I'm not sure how to even BEGIN to iron this out. There's 4 parties involved here, the college, the academy, the department, and me.

I've told the department what's going on.
I've told the academy what's going on.
I've told the college what's going on.

The college tells me "Too bad, tuition's due."
The department tells me "We'll contact the academy."
The academy told me "We'll contact the college."

.....and nothing has been changed so far.

Where would you start? I'm NOT paying them another dime, since I'm technically not responsible for it.
But this needs to be hammered out because I'm 6 weeks from graduation and in danger of being bounced out because somebody above my head failed to communicate properly.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic