Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best starting gear?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
M_Mitchell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M_Mitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best starting gear?
    Posted: 05 May 2013 at 11:11pm
I'm beginning to enjoy paintball again but it would be cheaper in the long run to get your own gear (and funner) . I've been paint balling before and had pretty good time but I'd like to go more often with friends. My biggest concern is the gun i'm looking to get, the Crossover, not being good with Co2 which is all the place I go to has. Will it still do good using Co2? It's mainly  woods ball fields but they're not very big at the same time.

Is the Crossover a decent gun? (Currently have a Spyder custom)

Also the first thing I'm going to get is a mask. Recommend me that doesn't fog? Also a visor to protect the the head a bit more would be nice.

Gigglez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigglez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 8:53am
As far as markers, If you have one already I wouldn't go and buy the crossover just yet.  If your strictly playing woodsball  there is no real need for anything better than the spyder you already have. The best things for you to buy up front are as follows : Mask ( Empire Helix Thermal Lens: ~$30 ansgear.com ), Hopper ( Electric of some sort, I use a Pinokio because I like the 400 round capacity for woodsball, also only runs while in use, which is a huge deal.) , Then once you have those items I would upgrade my clothing if your not wearing camouflage  already, then finally once all that is said and done move to a new marker. 

All of these suggestions are assuming that you would not be interested in a HPA tank due to your local providers not carrying HPA.
M_Mitchell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M_Mitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 3:10pm
Well I can just get an HPA tank later if I ever go to another field that supports them right?
Gigglez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigglez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 10:50am
Yeah, most guns can use HPA, and most fields you go to will carry HPA, the tanks are just pricey compared to their CO2 counterparts. However from what I understand all of the components of your gun will last longer with HPA and you will have more consistent shots.

I myself still use CO2 because there's a lack of fields and general places to fill HPA in my area.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 1:18pm
No difference in component life longevity between HPA and CO2 if you aren't running a Low Pressure rig (higher-end stuff is usually LP)

In fact, most baseline markers are built to operate better off of CO2 right out of the box.

There is some better consistency at the chrono with HPA, but not noticeable from the outset. It requires a lot of tuning to get it to really show.

Now, for the Crossover, you're going to NEED HPA. You're talking a higher-end marker with a high rate of fire and sensitive electronics and seals. CO2 is a no-no on that kind of setup.

If you're wanting to start out and move in steps, I'd go 98, an A-5 or an X-7. All are completely customizeable, shoot great out of the box, and can run HPA or CO2 giving you the ability to use either source depending on money and availability. You can upgrade them to suit your needs and roll from there.

<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
findd3gold View Drop Down

Hint - It's somewhere else

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote findd3gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 2:23am
Hi, I have an unhealthy affinity for running with scissors!

Edited by Mack - 06 June 2013 at 6:51pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 10:10am
spamalamadingdong!

Edit: Oops! Thought I hit the "report" button but hit reply instead!

Edited by tallen702 - 28 May 2013 at 10:11am
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
tonstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2013 at 11:46pm
use a Pinokio because I like the WOW Gold Cheap 400 circular potential for Cheap RS Gold woodsball, also only operates while in use, which is a large cope.) , Then once you have those products I would update my outfits if your not dressed in cover up  already,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic