Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How can we stop another attack?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2013 at 6:44pm
I'm not doubting that people will run to help, but we should inform people to step back and wait till the area is* secure.

Back on the miranda rights. Should he be tried as a enemy combatant?

Edited by impulse418 - 21 April 2013 at 6:50pm
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2013 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Not sure why people are praising those who ran into the kill zone, before it was secure.
The first rule is always 'do no harm', to others or yourself.  Yet, when a situation happens where people are in a fire, bad accident or the boston bombing, sometimes people move into action regardless of their own safety.  It might seem foolish, or easy to comment on a forum when none here can say, 'I was there so they were stupid', but I find it remarkable and I am in awe of those that do in these situations.  I bet the families of those helped would differ with you.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2013 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

I'm not doubting that people will run to help, but we should inform people to step back and wait till the area is* secure.

Maybe it's because I grew up in South Africa in the 80's but I'm perfectly aware of the risk involved.

That would not stop me helping. A risk is just that, it is not definite.

Everything you do, including swallowing food, is risky. Accept it and drive on. If everyone is afraid to enter a dangerous situation you'll never get any emergency service.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 12:09am
Many people have what psychologist would call altruism. We have an innate want to help others. These people just acted upon it because it is instinct and the people that got the help will be forever grateful.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 3:26am
They are not enemy combatants as we are not in a state of war or armed conflict with their parent country.  So, no, they should not be treated as "enemy combatants".  It would be more appropriate to charge/treat them as a-holes. 
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 10:58am
I'd rather see him convicted as an American and then put into general population.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 4:37pm
^^^

I'm good with that.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

They are not enemy combatants as we are not in a state of war or armed conflict with their parent country.  So, no, they should not be treated as "enemy combatants".  It would be more appropriate to charge/treat them as a-holes. 

Don't tell the rednecks on Facebook this.

And yeah, general population sounds like a plan to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic