FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Duty Holster shopping.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Duty Holster shopping.
    Posted: 18 April 2013 at 6:30pm
Phase II of the academy is fast approaching. Not only that, but the department is looking to get us on the road soon. The Smith and Wesson is a lovely pistol, I'm very happy with it. But I need to make a call on a duty holster. (No, they're not issued)

I'm debating between lvl II and lvl III retentions. Most of the guys I know and will be working with say level II is ample, but I don't see where a level III could hurt. Some say they're too complicated and slow the draw.

Does anyone have experience with either of /both of them and can input me?

I'm looking at a few different options, namely from Safariland or Blackhawk at this point.

Every time I ask one of our guys at the department, I get a shrug and a "yeah, that would work."

The one thing I do know is that I'm looking for a mid-ride holster. The one on my duty belt for the dummy glock at school is high-ride and I hate the damn thing.

evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 12:22am
I have no idea how it rides, but I have carried my M9 in both the level II and III Blackhawks.  The level III is plenty quick on the draw and the level II is as secure as it needs to be.  Either one would be fine, but the level II is more popular here due to the much lower cost. 
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 1:10am
Just tuck it in the front of your pants. Yolo.

Edited by Hairball!!! - 19 April 2013 at 1:11am
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 2:18am
Model 6280 Level II Retention Duty Holster, Mid-Ride.

Pretty much the gold standard at the moment.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
DaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
back from the dead like Tupac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 2:23am
Safariland 6280 for Level II or Safariland 6360 for Level III.  I agree with Kay, they are the gold standard.

I use a 6360, I like the ALS feature.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Model 6280 Level II Retention Duty Holster, Mid-Ride.

Pretty much the gold standard at the moment.

KBK

This is pretty much the same report I've gotten from my fishing last night and the bit of research I've done on my own.

We have a favorite horse now...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic