FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2 explosions at the Boston Marathon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 10:46pm
So the latest info is that these losers basically self-radicalized due to the internet.  (Link)

This is unacceptable.

The internet is too dangerous for non-government personnel to have free access to.

With this in mind, I propose the following:
  • No one will be allowed to access the internet without first having gone through training to ensure they won't misuse it.
  • Because of impressionability, the usage of internet will be limited to those aged 18 and older
  • Convicted Felons will not be allowed the access to the internet
  • Use of handheld internet devices will be limited to those aged 21 or older and only after completing programs administered by local law enforcement that certify them for convenient carry internet (CCI)
  • As there is no real "need" for high-speed internet, laws will be implemented limiting internet performance available to the civilian population.
  • Internet registration will become mandatory--All users must register every internet capable device in their possession and recorded information will include reason for need of the device and the MAC address.
  • Registered devices for which the government determines there is no justification for possession will be turned in--non-compliance will result in criminal penalty.
    • Note, that this would also apply to devices in the hands of civilians which have capabilities that exceed the maximum allowed internet speed--there is no need for these devices in civilian hands.
  • Internet content will be controlled as there is no valid reason for the civilian population to access dangerous information--non-compliance will result in criminal penalty.

Some might argue that this would be a violation of freedom of speech or some such nonsense.  I say get with the times; the world is changing and the constitution needs to change with it.  If we can prevent one radicalization or one attack, giving up a few unneeded electronic items is a small price to pay.  Furthermore, what real purpose does having high-speed internet on a mobile device serve?  Does someone really need to watch a movie away from home so badly that it warrants putting others at risk?  I think not.

Thank you for your time.

impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 11:11pm
The 1st Amendment was written long before the internet, it doesn't apply in this day of age.

I would also like those who practice a religion, to register what denomination and what institution they congregate at.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2013 at 4:13pm
We get it you sarcasm.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2013 at 11:12am
Looks like you were right Tallen, or at least the media is trying to put it in that light.

I laughed when they described Obama as liberal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic