FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2 explosions at the Boston Marathon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 9:52pm
I felt guilty for laughing at that.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 10:23pm
Why is Kim Jong Un on a Boston rooftop? 
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 7:29am
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

Why is Kim Jong Un on a Boston rooftop? 
I don't know, but it explains why he hasn't been seen publicly for 2 weeks.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 9:30am
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

If it is domestic, why target a marathon? Wouldn't something involving the Feds be a better target for the wannabe McVeighs?

A) The yield of the devices were really low. More of an anarchist's cookbook type of thing that suggests store-bought propellant like black powder or pyrodex than a more sophisticated device typical of foreign plots.

B) Foreign backed plots are usually "claimed" by one group or another almost immediately. What terror group wouldn't want to crow about hitting Americans on US soil post 9/11?

C) Boston (heartland of the revolution) + Patriots' Day (holiday to remember the first open armed conflict against a tyrannical government) + Tax Day seems like a few too many coincidences for my liking. Most fringe right-wingers identify with the revolution in one way or another. Even the Tea Party (who I'm not tying into this, just pointing it out) takes their name from the activities of revolutionaries in Boston.

D) If you think you're going to spark others into action, you want as wide an audience as possible. The Boston Marathon is televised, you know there are news crews there, people from all over the world, etc. etc.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 9:38am
If these right wingers are looking to send a message, what is it? Most Americans believe it's the brown man, not some revolutionary message.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 9:55am

If these right wingers are looking to send a message, what is it? Most Americans believe it's the brown man, not some revolutionary message.

Who knows. I'm not thinking it's a right-wing group, but a single nutjob with anti-government sentiments.

You're right in that it would make sense if the target were a federal building or institution, but that would mean coherent logic and an actual goal beyond terror.

I'm really doubting any organized attempt here. It's just too low-tech.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 10:00am
Some guys on the gun forums, say the smoke resembles that of tannerite. Will be interesting to see what chemical they chose,
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 11:03am

Some guys on the gun forums, say the smoke resembles that of tannerite. Will be interesting to see what chemical they chose,

Since the SPAM filter is being a PITA....

Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 11:06am
Apparently the toll stands at 176 injured and 3 dead. Among the dead was a 3 year old kid.

The bomb itself had metal studs or bearings in it used for shrapnel.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

Apparently the toll stands at 176 injured and 3 dead. Among the dead was a 3 year old kid.

Thought it was an 8 year old kid?
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

Thought it was an 8 year old kid?<span ="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre">     </span>

Yep, 8. apparently Roflmao needs new contact lenses.
kendall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kendall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 12:51pm
Man.. People are so f'ed. I can't understand these assholes. I don't care who it is, I just hope the ones responsible due a slow and terribly painful death.

It's such a bastardly **edited** way to fight. Same applies to all tr roadside bombs in the Middle East. Bunc of sad sack pussies can't just fight it out. I can't imagine the lives people lives over there in constant fear and bombardment.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by kendall kendall wrote:

It's such a bastardly **edited** way to fight. Same applies to all tr roadside bombs in the Middle East. Bunc of sad sack pussies can't just fight it out. I can't imagine the lives people lives over there in constant fear and bombardment.

Ignoring the fact that this attack was probably perpetrated by a white American...

An "honorable" way to fight is an easy way to die. War/killing isn't a game. People don't line up in parallel lines and fire muskets at each other. Guess how you'd fight if there were hostile forces on the ground in the US?

Hint, it wouldn't be charging guns blazing into a military outpost.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 1:10pm

Ignoring the fact that this attack was probably perpetrated by a white American...

An "honorable" way to fight is an easy way to die. War/killing isn't a game. People don't line up in parallel lines and fire muskets at each other. Guess how you'd fight if there were hostile forces on the ground in the US?

This.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

This.

There is a huge difference between guerrilla warfare and intentionally blowing up civilians at a foot race.  

Edit: obviously doesn't apply to the second part of his statement.

Edited by evillepaintball - 16 April 2013 at 1:29pm
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 4:07pm

I can't imagine the lives people lives over there in constant fear and bombardment.

You mean like the 150K or so civilians we've killed?

Don't get me wrong, I believe we look out for our own, but the US has this bad habit of only recognizing death when it occurs in its own borders.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 6:12pm
I am still in the Rockies. I almost left here early to work at a hotel a couple blocks away. Before I came here I was working on that street(Boylston St.). It's like a 7 mile long street but still pretty messed up to think about.

My stepsister was at the marathon watching but she is ok. Not sure how close she was to the explosion but the finish line of the marathon is the easiest part of the course to get to in the city.

Mehs did move to Boston right? Hope everyone he knows is ok.

Oh and harhar eville. I would go to the marathon actually. I'm usually working. I've been trying to get to the battle of Lexington reenactment for years.
Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

Either way, I doubt Jmac was at a marathon.

I wanted to wait until after Jmac responded, but;

I lol'd
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 7:00pm
Oh and for the record I am now 60 pounds lighter than I was last year sooooo eat a phallus lol.
Que pasa?

__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Since the SPAM filter is being a PITA....

I'm kind of interested to know how "he" triggered the bombs. Personally, I have been leaning towards the lone-wolf/ anti-government revolutionary type, rather than a middle eastern organization.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic