FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2 explosions at the Boston Marathon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 explosions at the Boston Marathon
    Posted: 15 April 2013 at 3:50pm
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 3:53pm
My uncle was running that marathon, he is in lock down right now. Thankfully uninjured. Will be interesting to find out the suspect and motive behind this.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 3:56pm
Reports on Twitter(so take it with a grain of salt) is that there were undetonated secondary devices found around the site of the explosions.  
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 4:03pm
Fox News: We don't speculate, but could there have been a suicide bomber on the streets of Boston?

My quote of the day.

Terrible thing though, thoughts and prayers to any of you guys with family out there.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 4:08pm
The Twitter account for the Boston PD just tweeted they've confirmed 2 deaths, 23 injuries. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 4:33pm
msnbc has helicopter footage of the explosion site and it looks like blood all over the sidewalk... they don't need to be showing that.  

Hope anyone that Jmac knows is alright, along with Mehs... who moved there a while ago if I'm not mistaken.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 4:36pm
I believe JMac is still in the Rockies. Not positive though.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

msnbc has helicopter footage of the explosion site and it looks like blood all over the sidewalk... they don't need to be showing that.  

Hope anyone that Jmac knows is alright, along with Mehs... who moved there a while ago if I'm not mistaken.

I'm choosing to believe that it's red gatorade it being a marathon and all.

Anyone claiming responsibility? Footage doesn't seem "high yield" more like home-grown explosives.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 4:39pm
Either way, I doubt Jmac was at a marathon.

Hopefully they catch the scum responsible.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 4:42pm
I know Jmac is still out in CO, but I'm sure he has lots of friends and family there. 

Edited by procarbinefreak - 15 April 2013 at 4:59pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 5:33pm
They have 1 suspect in custody.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 6:41pm
I was wondering how long it would be until the "Blown Away" references started.....
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 6:55pm
Also, very strange that no one has come forward to take responsibility. That makes me think it was homegrown and small. Makes me wonder if one of those FBI stings went wrong.

Also, today is tax-day, what better day for an anti-government attack?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

The Twitter account for the Boston PD just tweeted they've confirmed 2 deaths, 23 injuries. 

Which instantly gives Twitter better journalistic cred than the NY Post....
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Also, very strange that no one has come forward to take responsibility. That makes me think it was homegrown and small. Makes me wonder if one of those FBI stings went wrong.

Also, today is tax-day, what better day for an anti-government attack?

Pretty darn close to the Waco/OKC anniversary too...
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 7:16pm
I'm thinking there's too much coincidence of tax-day, patriots' day (Mass. Holiday), and Boston (one of the centers of the rebellion during colonial times) for it to be anything other than a fringe anti-gov loony.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 7:43pm
The suspect is supposedly a Saudi national with student visa. Doesn't sound home grown to me.

And if this was orchestrated by an outside organization. They might not be claiming responsibility yet, because that wasn't the last of the attacks. Keep chatter down to a minimum, wait till they feel security had loosened and hit again.

Edited by impulse418 - 15 April 2013 at 7:57pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

The suspect is supposedly a Saudi national with student visa. Doesn't sound home grown to me.

And if this was orchestrated by an outside organization. They might not be claiming responsibility yet, because that wasn't the last of the attacks. Keep chatter down to a minimum, wait till they feel security had loosened and hit again.

I heard he's not a suspect, per BPD account.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 8:34pm
If it is domestic, why target a marathon? Wouldn't something involving the Feds be a better target for the wannabe McVeighs?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 9:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic